Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Dammit...

Started by Angry White Male, March 15, 2018, 03:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I cannot edit my posts...  I meant to say, that NOT maintaining a current membership, doesn't affect what you currently own.

It's one of those dumb 'requirements' that may or may not be a requirement, depending on how the CFO feels that day.

Since we can only shoot handguns at licenced ranges, it is assumed that we will shoot at ranges.  Membership proves nothing.  I go to various ranges as a drop-in, and that in itself should be good enough.

It's one of those dumb formalities that serves no use, and is getting less and less 'enforced' over time, I have noticed.

Angry White Male

I'll try to clarify this requirement for you...

Once we have handgun, we are permitted to shoot at any range in this entire Province.

What has happened, is that ranges have admitted members, even on-line, for a low cost (like $50/year), which satisfies this requirement.  

It doesn't matter if I live in Vancouver, but get online membership for nothing in fucking Smithers or wherever.

So you see, this is technically a requirement, but one that I can see has no advantages to anyone but the gun clubs themselves.

It's not exactly heavily enforced, and this is the reason why...  It actually serves no useful purpose at all.  ANY range will take your money, and make you a member, so it really only suits the ranges.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"Also if you intend to shoot the shit out of your K, please be careful with the load. I've seen too many K frames with cracked forcing cones, cylinder gap and timing problems from being fed a steady diet of full power or hot .357 loads. I have a 4" M19 that was an old duty weapon, that has a cracked forcing cone and timing issues for that very reason. The K frame is a weapon meant to be carried hot but shot cool. In other words, while you are breaking it in put lighter loads thru it, or better yet,...38s. The action won't know the difference.

I have some news for you!  The 'new' Model 66 Combat Magnum has claimed to address these issues, with an improved forcing cone!  It no longer thins out at the bottom where the crane swings in.  It's 'full thickness' all around.

Also, the cylinder has a new 'ball detent' catch at the front.

S&W has claimed to address the problems of the 'old' 66, with this 'new' 66.  It is a different design in a few ways.

Angry White Male

I had some really good pics of my 'new' Model 66 that I posted here, where you could see some of these changes that you may not be familiar with, but a few posters here shit up that thread so badly, that I got furious and deleted each and every one of my posts.

That's why I still cannot edit any of my posts here now.  I was 'stripped' of my editing privileges.  Oh well...

Bricktop

In other words, you are NOT complying with the law regarding handguns, as I've been saying for weeks.

Angry White Male

I am.  Bricktop, you don't live here, and you aren't familiar with our laws, and how they are implemented.

This can go back and forth for 20 more fucking years, with the same end result.  You are not a cop anymore, you are not a cop here, and I am giving you honest advice on how our system works.

Bricktop

You are in possession of an illegal firearm.

There is NO question. I can read, dumbshit, and you need to be an active member of a recognised shooting club.

You can flim flam all you want...you are not authorised to possess a handgun.

We can always ask the RCMP for their opinion.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"If you do not get the results you want, Smith makes a couple of different rear sights of varying heights for most of their adjustable sight revolvers. Measure the rear sight top to bottom with a set of calipers and order a shorter sight. You can get them directly from Smith or you can go to Midway or even Amazon. So do yourself a favor and reserve the dremel for lancing the boils on your ass and keep it away from the weapon.

This is good advice that I am going to follow through with.

From my own rudimentary measurements, my sight is a .160 height sight.  I see that S&W makes the same White Outline sight in a .126 height.

Doesn't seem like much, but that may JUST make the difference!  AND I keep it 'looking' factory, which I want to.

So, what I will do, is email S&W my concern, and the possible solution.  If they send me a new sight?  Awesome!  I will deal with the install.

If not?  S&W does not ship to Canada, but Brownell's and Midway do, so I'm not worried if I have to eat the cost.  My 'smith would probably install the blade for nothing.  Would do it myself, but a special tool is required for sight blade installs.  I'm sure he has it.

So, I will try that.  Along with a 'standard' Wolff mainspring (will report the pull, via my fish scale), and I hope I should be good!  If it is anywhere between their 'reduced weight' springs, and S&W stock 14# pull, I'll be happy.

Even owning a gun isn't easy these days...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"You are in possession of an illegal firearm.

Bricktop, I tried with you.  I really did.

Sorry buddy, but you now join the leagues of the 'Oscar Meyer's.'

Know what that means?  Means you end up just like him.

Good way to leave your presence known...  Your 'legacy.'    I'm sure your children will be proud.

Angry White Male

And Renee, I apologize for the idiot that is permitted to pollute my threads, but I do respect your knowledge.

I've always known you 'knew your shit,' but I am seeing more technical aspects now.

Keep it coming.

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And Renee, I apologize for the idiot that is permitted to pollute my threads, but I do respect your knowledge.

I've always known you 'knew your shit,' but I am seeing more technical aspects now.

Keep it coming.

:pop:
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Bricktop"You are in possession of an illegal firearm.

Bricktop, I tried with you.  I really did.

Sorry buddy, but you now join the leagues of the 'Oscar Meyer's.'

Know what that means?  Means you end up just like him.

Good way to leave your presence known...  Your 'legacy.'    I'm sure your children will be proud.

:pop:   ac_boring
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And Renee, I apologize for the idiot that is permitted to pollute my threads, but I do respect your knowledge.

Keep it coming.

No need to apologize to me. It is what is. It's all just white noise.

Enjoy your 66, have fun and be safe. :thumbup:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

By all means, join in, you two faced, 4-chinned harridan. Don't leave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Keep it coming.

No need to apologize to me. It is what is. It's all just white noise.

Enjoy your 66, have fun and be safe. :thumbup:

I know you know a lot of firearms..

You have fun and be safe too Renee.

ac_smile