Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Voters tiring of climate change

Started by Anonymous, March 23, 2018, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

One of the better refutations of the climate cultists I have seen.

Oerdin

DKG

The middle class will eventually tune out all do as I say, not as I do climate alarmists.

Trudeau's climate hypocrisy among many things annoying voters
Trudeau's polling numbers and voter support are falling, perhaps his utter climate hypocrisy has something to do with that.

Nothing shows your commitment to climate change like jetting across the country and lecturing others.

It's all good though, because Trudeau says the right words and backs a carbon tax even if it has done nothing to lowering Canada's carbon emissions.

"We're continuing to show leadership on climate," Trudeau said this week.

Trudeau has always been a do as I say, not as I do politician, the difference now is that it might be catching up to him. The latest poll from Abacus Data has the Conservatives leading the Liberals nationally with 38% support to 26%.

Poll after poll in the last several months has shown decreasing Liberal support to the point where Trudeau's party doesn't lead in voter support in a single region of the country. The Conservatives have a solid lead among men, have recently taken the lead among women and lead in every region except Quebec.

Maybe it's the housing crisis. Maybe it's the somewhat-related affordability crisis. Maybe it's Canadians growing tired of a politician who takes just the right tone to say just the right thing but then never delivers or lives the exact opposite way of what he demands of the rest of us.

Trudeau was just in British Columbia last week, for most of it he was on a family vacation but he was also taking meetings and working. If Trudeau were a man as concerned with climate change as he claims, as concerned with lowering his own emissions as he is lowering yours, he would have scheduled the $1,700 per person fundraiser on either side of his vacation.

Instead, he's jetting across the country to collect money from donors where he will no doubt wax poetically about his efforts on climate change. Don't let his brief appearance at the environmental conference fool you that he had to be in Vancouver on this date or that his presence is vital.

Trudeau is scheduled to deliver remarks at 4 p.m. (PT) before driving a few minutes up the street to the swanky Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for the first of two receptions listed on the Liberal website starting at 5 p.m. (PT).

Don't worry, flying out to this event will expand Trudeau's carbon footprint dramatically, but he supports a carbon tax, which doesn't really matter. In it's four years of existence, the carbon tax hasn't lowered emissions, it's just enriched government coffers.

When politicians tell you to pay more so that emissions will drop and they don't, when politicians tell you they will make housing and your life more affordable and they don't, when those same politicians tell you they will run an ethical government and they don't, eventually the public will catch on, or become tired of seeing you, as they do with all political leaders.

That's where Justin Trudeau is right now, but whether he realizes that as he flies 40,000 feet above us from event to event is another question.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/trudeaus-climate-hypocrisy-one-of-many-things-annoying-voters

DKG

If Trudeau had capped the carbon tax at $50 per tonne, Canadians would not be so cynical about it. But, the fiscally reckless Liberals needed revenue and they thought they could get more of it by telling Canadians they are robbing them to fight climate change.

Climate change no longer winning issue for Trudeau

The reason is that while most Canadians believe human-induced climate change is real, most don't believe Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's carbon tax is an effective way to address it.

That undermines the conventional wisdom of Trudeau and the Liberal caucus now meeting in London, Ont., trying to come up with ways to blunt the summer surge in opinion polls favouring Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre and his party.

That is, their core belief the Conservatives are unelectable, unless they address climate change in the same way the Liberals have — through a carbon tax.

But that's not what polling of Canadians suggests.

What it suggests is that the Liberals are in trouble on one of Trudeau's signature policies.

For example, a Leger poll released this week found that while 72% of Canadians are worried about climate change, 74% believe that extreme weather events are linked to it and 65% believe they will occur more often in future, it's also not a priority for them right now.

When the poll of 1,526 Canadian adults from September 8-10 asked about the biggest issue facing Canada today, 33% chose inflation, 16% housing affordability, 9% the economy, 8% rising interest rates, all ahead of climate change at 7%.

Canadians were divided on whether they're prepared to change their behaviour to fight climate change if it comes with "a certain financial cost", with 40% saying yes, 36% no and 24% unsure.

Even more concerning for Trudeau and the Liberals — given that they are imposing higher costs on Canadians through their carbon tax, is a Nanos/CTV poll last month which found most people don't think it's effective.

That survey of 1,081 Canadian adults from July 30 to Aug. 2, found a majority — 53% — believe the federal carbon tax is ineffective in combatting climate change, compared to only 15% who think it is very effective and 23% who think it is somewhat effective, with 9% unsure.

The numbers were even worse for the Liberals on the question of whether Canadians believe the carbon tax on gasoline is effective in getting people to use less fuel, with 65% saying it's ineffective compared to only 32% who describe it as effective, with 3% unsure.
https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/goldstein-climate-change-no-longer-winning-issue-for-trudeau

Oerdin

Thiel

This was written by James Taylor of the Heartland Institute.

Around 100,000 people traveled to Dubai for the right to pontificate and pretend they're fighting climate change. In reality, most of them are merely fighting against sincerity and good taste.

The women who wear $2,000 jackets perfectly matching their even more expensive blouses never take off their stylish jackets either. Better to sweat and endure stifling tropical desert heat than to miss an opportunity to impress your fellow NGO prom-goers with your height-of-fashion attire.

Apparently, these holier-than-thou climate warriors missed the memo about buying only three garments per year and flying in an airplane only once every three years. The U.N. has a program called the #ActNow fashion challenge. According to the program's propaganda, the fashion industry is responsible for 8% to 10% of global carbon dioxide emissions. (If we were to add up the asserted emissions percentages of this sector and that, I am quite sure the number is well over 100%.)

Inside the themed pavilions within the COP compound, large corporations invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in extravagant booths touting their green credentials. Many of the "booths" are more like large Hollywood movie studios. Each of these corporate studios touts how the company has discovered and is implementing the silver bullet to eliminate global emissions and save the planet. All they need, and all they are asking for, is government subsidies and laws eliminating people's ability to choose products or energy sources for themselves.

At the end of the day, approximately 100,000 people will have traveled to Dubai — most via vilified carbon dioxide-spewing airplanes — for the right to try to impress each other and pontificate to their donors and the general public that they were at COP28 fighting climate change. In reality, the vast majority of people here are merely fighting against sincerity and good taste.
gay, conservative and proud

Adolf Oliver Bush

I wonder how many of those assclowns had layovers in Munich...
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles