Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Mighty Casio F-91W!

Started by Angry White Male, March 25, 2018, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Get a Nikon D7100!!!

That's what most people tell me to get too, currently have a D5300 atm, I like the minature body but the auto focus just isnt' fast enough to snap pictures of my birds and fish, lol hence why a lot of my pics always turns out blurry.  Maybe it is really time to consider about getting the 7100.  BTW Brick which body do you currently use to take your pics?

I use the D7100. The only cameras that may encourage me to upgrade are $4000 and up. The 7100 is one of the best, most reliable "pro-am" cameras ever made. Just a few years before it was released, pros would salivate at its specs. Of course, the pro cameras that were released were magnificent machines, but much of their technology trickled down to the 7100 at 1/4 the cost. And in a metal body. I shall never part with it.

I also have a Nikon 1 V2.

I doubt I'll ever own a $4000 camera, think it's possible to buy a entry level Leica for that price.  Like you've mentioned I believe the DX camera line is so far one of the sweet spots where the equilibrium of price meets performance/quality.  ac_cool   I dun want to get a full frame body due to the premium price, lack of zoom and I never do shooting in the dark, but even if I need to for indoors I can always use a external flash, and a tripod while outdoors for sceneries.  Man all this talking about cameras makes me want to dust off my D5300 and go out and shoot some nice pics, lol.  ac_drinks
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Do it.

Then POST THEM HERE!!!!

Even pics of your neighbourhood...lifestyle...

Zetsu

Anonymous

That's what most people tell me to get too, currently have a D5300 atm, I like the minature body but the auto focus just isnt' fast enough to snap pictures of my birds and fish, lol hence why a lot of my pics always turns out blurry.  Maybe it is really time to consider about getting the 7100.  BTW Brick which body do you currently use to take your pics?

I use the D7100. The only cameras that may encourage me to upgrade are $4000 and up. The 7100 is one of the best, most reliable "pro-am" cameras ever made. Just a few years before it was released, pros would salivate at its specs. Of course, the pro cameras that were released were magnificent machines, but much of their technology trickled down to the 7100 at 1/4 the cost. And in a metal body. I shall never part with it.

I doubt I'll ever own a $4000 camera, think it's possible to buy a entry level Leica for that price.  Like you've mentioned I believe the DX camera line is so far one of the sweet spots where the equilibrium of price meets performance/quality.  ac_cool   I dun want to get a full frame body due to the premium price, lack of zoom and I never do shooting in the dark, but even if I need to for indoors I can always use a external flash, and a tripod while outdoors for sceneries.  Man all this talking about cameras makes me want to dust off my D5300 and go out and shoot some nice pics, lol.  ac_drinks

Do you still have your birds and fish past times Zetsu?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I sure do, life would be a lot harder without those little guys.

Anonymous

What kind of birds? Budgies, cockatiels, a larger kind of parrot? I have chickens and a few turkeys on my farm.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

What kind of birds? Budgies, cockatiels, a larger kind of parrot? I have chickens and a few turkeys on my farm.

Ahh just a few of the smallest Button quail, one Bobwhite, a pair of California quail, a lonely diamond dove and some finches, though I have to house them in different cages due to there's too many of them.

Anonymous

Ahh just a few of the smallest Button quail, one Bobwhite, a pair of California quail, a lonely diamond dove and some finches, though I have to house them in different cages due to there's too many of them.

Very nice hobby if you have the space for them.

Anonymous

They must be tasty. :wink:

Zetsu

Wish I have enough room for a super large aviary, it'll be so much easier to maintain with just one large cage but ended up with using rabbit and chinchilla cages for my birds.

Anonymous

Wish I have enough room for a super large aviary, it'll be so much easier to maintain with just one large cage but ended up with using rabbit and chinchilla cages for my birds.

I have a converted dog house for some of my chickens.

Zetsu

They must be tasty. :wink:

Lol I keep hearing from Americans saying quails and pigeons taste pretty tender, lol better not show them those cooking video on the TV, my mom once in Hong Kong was watching some show with a chef cooking some chicken in a pot and my cockatiel saw it too and completely freaked out.

Zetsu

I have a converted dog house for some of my chickens.

Ooo I always like chickens too, nice and big enough for me to hug unlike my little finches.  I always wanted to build a chicken coop for the quails but kinda worried about snakes and other predators in my neighbourhood.

Bricktop

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"Where are you living??

HK?

I'm in Toronto again, but will probably be going back to HK again during the winter.