News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Ace's Preliminary Saskatchewan Bus Crash Results...

Started by Angry White Male, April 09, 2018, 12:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

A rig hit a bus rite?  Killed  team of hockey dudes?  No one goes to prison for long Canada.  Majority of the guards at the prisons are idiots.  Lots of alckies and problems themselves.  Canada is so fuckin lax.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I am well aware of that.

Nonetheless, to argue that "I was paying due diligence, and driving at a speed safe under the conditions whereby my vision was impaired by low sunlight" will take a rather good lawyer.

If he was dazzled by the sun (he wouldn't have been, I believe the collision took place early-mid afternoon) he should have slowed down.

He's for a government funded holiday. Driving a 40 tonne rig in a manner that could cause such death is not going to be a fine and slap on the wrist.

He was held by the police briefly..

I don't know if he has been charged or charges are pending.

He will do some time.

I don't know, we'll  see..

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"A rig hit a bus rite?

The rig blew through a stop sign, and the bus T-Boned it.

Anonymous

The driver was an East Indian guy who owned two rigs. It's not the first time he has had safety issues.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The driver was an East Indian guy who owned two rigs. It's not the first time he has had safety issues.

Why does that matter.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"This is Canada...no one is going to jail.

I don't know what if any charges the driver will face.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The driver was an East Indian guy who owned two rigs. It's not the first time he has had safety issues.

Why does that matter.

Indian's drive as bad as Chinese.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Why does that matter.

Indian's drive as bad as Chinese.

If he had a record of unsafe equipment or driving he shouldn't have had his trucks registered..

But, his ethnicity is irrelevant.

Angry White Male

I used to road test guys when I was still a company employee at an old job I had as a company driver.  I didn't apply for this responsibility, nor did I even like doing it, but I was a pretty good driver, and as such was given the task to evaluate potential new employees before hire.  Eventually I refused the task of testing new potential drivers, even though I was paid more to sit and watch than I was to actually drive.  I didn't like doing it, plain and simple.  It caused me stress.

Nonetheless...

Some of the best drivers were White Males...  Though one female could shift better than most men, but that was an anomaly.

Next on the list would be EI's...  They are not bad, dependent on if they're FOB or not.  They get a bad rap because they literally have 'taken over' the industry, often undercutting to get there.

Asians?  Well, you KNOW I never did test an Asian, since they just aren't fit for this kind of work!  

Actually, I do know an Asian Owner/Operator...  He's OK, but around here they're FEW and FAR between!  He knows that!

Somehow his brains synapses got swapped, and he actually can drive a big-rig, which he owns also.  He looks like the 'bad guy' that you'd see in every Asian action movie...  The stereotypical 'bad guy' with the mean Asian frown...

Nonetheless, I have run into a lot of people in this industry.  Are new immigrants attracted to this industry in huge numbers?  Yes they absolutely are.  Are they all bad?  No.  Are there too many new immigrant players trying to get in on the scene?  Yes.  The rates cannot go any lower...