Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

True Dope Violating Our Fundamental Rights

Started by Anonymous, February 03, 2018, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Oh, he downplays terror, but when there is a very major act here, possibly elsewhere, or upon a the govt.  he will use it to his advantage .. This new bill clearly demonstrates the the will not only go way over the "line" .. .given opportunity he will go all the way
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Oh, he downplays terror, but when there is a very major act here, possibly elsewhere, or upon a the govt.  he will use it to his advantage .. This new bill clearly demonstrates the the will not only go way over the "line" .. .given opportunity he will go all the way

What anti terror bill is that cc?

cc

What I meant was that if he will flirt with any  bill limiting personal rights he is capable of anything including using any pretext to employ Marshall Law

There has always been Marshall Law permission to the PM, as used ONLY by his father with very little reason to use it at the time .... so no new bills are not needed from his perspective ... . and for someone as totalitarian minded as he has already proven himself to be  ... it wouldn't take much of an excuse to employ it

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"What I meant was that if he will flirt with any  bill limiting personal rights he is capable of anything including using any pretext to employ Marshall Law

There has always been Marshall Law permission to the PM, as used ONLY by his father with very little reason to use it at the time .... so no new bills are not needed from his perspective ... . and for someone as totalitarian minded as he has already proven himself to be  ... it wouldn't take much of an excuse to employ it

I see what you mean cc, thank you.

ac_smile

Angry White Male

My Stepfather was part of RCMP security detail whenever Pierre Trudeau and entourage visited Van...

Margaret Trudeau was Pierre's wife at that time.  I won't repeat what has been told to me, but I will tell you this:

Margaret had legitimate mental health issues.  Of course it is possible to pass that on, to their son Justin.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Classic leftist totalitarianism.

Message--There is only one acceptable opinion on Islam, only one accaptable opinion on global warming, only one acceptable opinion on abortion etc on down the line.  Disagree and you will be punished.

I'm not religious and I am pro choice (for two trimesters) but I think this is a disgusting abuse of freedom, a violation of the charter, and tyrannical abuse of government power.  Hopefully there is enough outrage to stop trudeau's tyranny, if not maybe the courts will strike it down.  

This is something you would expect from a third world dictatorship or the old soviet union not a constitiutional democracy.

I was talking with my mother today about this and we both agree with you, and my mother lived in Taiwan under Chiang's dictatorship.

Unfortunately she has lived through it, so she knows what Tyrannical government abuse looks like. And that's what this is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"My Stepfather was part of RCMP security detail whenever Pierre Trudeau and entourage visited Van...

Margaret Trudeau was Pierre's wife at that time.  I won't repeat what has been told to me, but I will tell you this:

Margaret had legitimate mental health issues.  Of course it is possible to pass that on, to their son Justin.

She was totally nuts.

Anonymous

Another Trudeau tramples on civil liberties. Wait until this fool is re-elected.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Another Trudeau tramples on civil liberties. Wait until this fool is re-elected.

Just like you, none of the choices inspires confidence in me, but at least the alternative probably won't impose their values on us.

Lance Leftardashian

It isonly mostly white Canadian girls having abortions and as white people are the majority this will help even the Canadian population out so that sooner rather than later minorities will not have to be minorities in Canada anymore.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"It isonly mostly white Canadian girls having abortions and as white people are the majority this will help even the Canadian population out so that sooner rather than later minorities will not have to be minorities in Canada anymore.

Joak, you are the poster child for being pro choice.

cc

He extends the argument into the area of "retroactive"

Anonymous

Is Trudeau about to give millions more of our money to another terrorist?

This was written by Mark Bonokoski.

QuoteGet out the taxpayers' chequebook, because we are about to write another whopper to yet another suspected terrorist on the grounds, as our prime minister loves to tell us, "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian."

A guess? Probably $10 million or so.

In other words, the usual sum.

Earlier this week, the Trudeau Liberals decided to ditch settlement talks with Sudanese-canadian Abousfian Abdelrazik, a Montrealer who is suing the federal government for $27 million over a six-year ordeal of purported custody, torture and exile in his home country of Sudan after CSIS alleged, apparently wrongly, that he was an al-qaida operative.

Instead of cutting him a cheque, therefore, the Liberals decided at the 11th hour to roll the dice and take a chance with the courts.

This is foreign territory for the government.

In fact, a full-fledged mediation conference to settle the Abdelrazik case was apparently about to begin, but, 24 hours later, the Trudeau government pulled the plug on it.

It will now be settled in court.

There is no question that Trudeau Liberals are still stinging from the public flogging that came with handing $10.5 million to former Guantanamo Bay poster prisoner Omar Khadr for breaching his rights, and later another $31.25 million to three Syrian-canadians supposedly tortured in Syria after being wrongly accused by CSIS of having links to terrorism.

The Liberals argument at the time was that the money cut to all four aggrieved parties likely saved Canadians millions more in damages if the court cases had been lost.

Taxpayers, however, didn't buy it.

To them, paying out a grand total of almost $42 million to four sketchy individuals, even if they were wronged, was too enormous a price to pay for what amounted to a surrender.

Never mind that it would take 210 years for the average Canadian just to earn the money paid out in one swoop to boy terrorist Khadr.

To an overwhelming majority of hard-working Canadians, paying that money without a fight in the courts was like punting on first down.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale was coy this week about what changed his government's mind.

But, unless it has evidence that Abdelrazik was the master of his own fate, and that CSIS played no role in his detention and exile in Sudan, then there will be a large cheque cut.

The Trudeau Liberals inherited this mess from the Harper Conservatives, of course, but CSIS is CSIS regardless of who is in power, and the public safety bureaucracy remains filled with largely the same bureaucrats.

Documents disclosed as part of the discovery process have apparently raised questions about how culpable CSIS actually was in Abdelrazik's detention in Sudan, and how far the agency went to prevent Canada's foreign affairs department from getting him released so he could return to Montreal.

When it goes to court, however, Abdelrazik's lawyers will have the PM of this country in their corner.

It was Justin Trudeau, after all, who first waved the white flag and took the hyphen out of hyphenated Canadians.

His posturing lecture about "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" following the payout to Khadr will end up being the most-expensive eight words he will likely ever utter.

And his payout to Khadr, as well as the $31.25 million paid out to the Syrian-canadian collective of Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin has set a precedent that will only aid the plaintiff.

Abdelrazik will get his money. In fact, it's almost guaranteed.

And $10.5 million sounds just about right, even though it's wrong.

Anonymous

Quotethe $31.25 million paid out to the Syrian-canadian collective of Abdullah Almalki, Ahmad El Maati and Muayyed Nureddin has set a precedent that will only aid the plaintiff.

I was unaware of this.

Anonymous

Scott Simms, was  removed as  fisheries chair after he broke ranks with his own party and voted with the Conservatives against a controversial change to the student summer jobs program. At issue was  a clause in a student summer jobs program that requires groups applying for grants to attest to abortion rights. Scott Simms  said it would violate their fundamental beliefs in order to receive funding for jobs and programs that are non-political, or unrelated to reproductive rights.