Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Should I pack this in bear country?

Started by Angry White Male, May 04, 2018, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"*sigh*

And to think that when I was a kid, they could sell chocolate cigarettes, with the pic of a black kid, wearing a naughty smile, right there on the box

How many seconds do you think a candy maker would last if they tried to pull one of these today?

http://www.anos80.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cigarrinhos-chocolate-box.jpg">

Is this considered offensive in Brazil today?

Brazil is ground zero for snowflakism, PC paranoia and victimism. If you call someone "black" during an argument, you go to jail.

Like I said, the liberal retardation here has gone full circle. Civil war and territory division are coming.

Situation in Brazil here can be surmised easily - half of people here want some sort of communist Africa, while the other half wants a decent country, based on economical models and laws like the ones in the US.

Brazil is around fifty per cent black isn't it?

Is black nationalism/identity as strong a force as it is in the USA?

Blazor

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"

:thumbup:

When I was a teen, I remember trying cigs and thinking how pointless they were

I was older than most when I tried pot, almost 20.

Drugs were always demonized here and in my city, it felt like the USSR sometimes. One of Brazil's biggest steel centers is in my city.

The Japanese built it in the 50's and the reality here used to feel different from the rest of Brazil in the 80's and 90's, thanks to all the dollars they would bring.

But the city was heavily policed. There was a massacre of workers who were trying to take over the steel plant n 1963,  part of the communist insurrection that the military coup of 1964 stopped.

So with all the comfort and security compared to the rest of Brazil came a lot of repression. There were anti-drug lectures almost every week in my school.

I think you get the idea. In the 90's things changed and when California made it legal for medical purposes, I started seeing it differently

And when I tried, I knew I'd never be able to leave lady Mary LOL

Crazy story.

I was almost 19 and in the 90s as well lol. Cigs I only did for 4-5 years, pointless I agree. Worse for ya too.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Rancidmilko

Brazil is around fifty per cent black isn't it?

Is black nationalism/identity as strong a force as it is in the USA?

Yes, they like to put it at half and half, but if you do a census, many white skinned mestizos will claim to be white

Blacks and brown are 50%. But yeah, african influence here is very strong. They like to point out that the Brazil's map outline is similar to Africa's

https://s9.postimg.cc/l1ybeqitb/Capture.jpg">

Syncretism of African and Christian religions got mixed here. There was a basic, fundamental difference in how the US and Brazil treated blacks

In the US, they despised and avoided miscegenation, even among the poor.

Over here, it was embraced and considered normal.

Brazil is also a very fertile land, huge territory. People here always lived "the way they want". If things in the semi-arid got too bad, just get a bus and build a shack close to some major city.

Why work formally, study, be a dependable person? Just do some half-assed job here and there to have the basic of the basic and the rest, well...

Raise some chickens in the yard, fish and hunt illegaly, you have bananas and yucca growing in some embankment, there you go.

A 3x3 wooden shack with a tin roof is good enough when you have food and never have to worry about a winter freezing your ass.
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

I've been to Brazil, but it's hard to get an idea of the group differences when you don't speak Portuguese.

My kid brother married an Italian Argentinian gal. They live in Portugal.

Wazzzup

I was in Rio in 1983 for a week.  I sat on Ipanema and watched the beautiful girls go by a few days.  Went to sugar loaf mountain and saw the huge Christ statue (it was foggy that day, so hard to see him well) drove by the poor people shacks, and  even went to a strip club and met a hooker.  One of the Americans in our hotel got his throat cut cause he went out wearing an expensive necklace.  Other than that it was a lot of fun.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I was in Rio in 1983 for a week.  I sat on Ipanema and watched the beautiful girls go by a few days.  Went to sugar loaf mountain and saw the huge Christ statue (it was foggy that day, so hard to see him well) drove by the poor people shacks, and  even went to a strip club and met a hooker.  One of the Americans in our hotel got his throat cut cause he went out wearing an expensive necklace.  Other than that it was a lot of fun.

:shock:

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I was in Rio in 1983 for a week.  I sat on Ipanema and watched the beautiful girls go by a few days.  Went to sugar loaf mountain and saw the huge Christ statue (it was foggy that day, so hard to see him well) drove by the poor people shacks, and  even went to a strip club and met a hooker.  One of the Americans in our hotel got his throat cut cause he went out wearing an expensive necklace.  Other than that it was a lot of fun.

It was nobody I knew, and our hotel probably had about 200 people in it.  Still it was a warning to be careful where you go and don't wear stuff that attracts thieves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

It was nobody I knew, and our hotel probably had about 200 people in it.  Still it was a warning to be careful where you go and don't wear stuff that attracts thieves.

I hope Rbn shares how he copes with the crime rate in his country.

Bricktop

Frood

:laugh3:

Bricktop is spazzing out about his Freud dude again!
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You keep saying that.

I wonder how you come to that conclusion.

After all, YOU'RE the one following ME around the forum like a wino hoping for a $2 coin.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Every time your trousers are pulled down to your ankles, this is your stock response.

Please...some variation would be nice.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You should also ask Freud!!

How would he know about coping with crime in Brazil?

Bricktop

He's an expert on crime control in areas where gun ownership is prolific.

Isn't he?