Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Christ, She's Still Alive!

Started by Angry White Male, May 12, 2018, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Going through my old school shit...  Found this from Beverly Cleary...

She's 102 years old now...  Fuck.

http://i64.tinypic.com/dqpy1c.png">

Angry White Male

Born during the First World War.  Would have seen many changes since then...  Some good.  Some bad.

Her work, as far as I can remember, didn't attempt to indoctrinate children into believing that it's 'normal' to have two gay men as parents, nor did it encourage young children to feel free to choose their sexual identity.  Can't remember any attempts at the "White people are bad" indoctrination attempts of today either...

Sure glad I got outta there right before that bullshit started!

Angry White Male

Ah, the 1980's...  The last gasp of 'freedom' that people had.

Kids could buy cigarettes.  There was no such thing as helmets when skateboarding or riding a bike.  Seatbelts were still sort of 'optional' when traveling in a motor vehicle.  Could still walk down the road with a Daisy air rifle without the SWAT Team appearing...

We didn't worry about eating dirt, or lead, or any number of pretend 'cancer causing' items.

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

And people still knew their god damned place!

Anonymous

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ah, the 1980's...  The last gasp of 'freedom' that people had.

Kids could buy cigarettes.  There was no such thing as helmets when skateboarding or riding a bike.  Seatbelts were still sort of 'optional' when traveling in a motor vehicle.  Could still walk down the road with a Daisy air rifle without the SWAT Team appearing...

We didn't worry about eating dirt, or lead, or any number of pretend 'cancer causing' items.

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

You said it man! The 80s were the best.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"

Nah, the 60's and early to mid 70's were the best. When muscle cars actually had muscle and the music scene was the best.  ac_sothere
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

Nah, the 60's and early to mid 70's were the best. When muscle cars actually had muscle and the music scene was the best.  ac_sothere

I KNEW I was born in the wrong generation!!!  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ah, the 1980's...  The last gasp of 'freedom' that people had.

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

Big hair. :yuk:

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

Thats how they made such good music  :sad:

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"We didn't worry about eating dirt, or lead, or any number of pretend 'cancer causing' items.

Statements that make you go...hummm? ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

They knew guitar solos in the 80's, I'll give you that. Something that has been forgotten today.

Blazor

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

They knew guitar solos in the 80's, I'll give you that. Something that has been forgotten today.

Glad we can agree on that at least  :laugh:

Anonymous

Lawn Darts.

Enough said!

Glad we can agree on that at least  :laugh:

ac_drinks

Angry White Male

Quote from: "kiebers"Nah, the 60's and early to mid 70's were the best. When muscle cars actually had muscle and the music scene was the best.  ac_sothere

I'll be honest here...  My Mustang GT would run circles around almost everything that existed in the muscle car hey-day.  

That being said, they had some style, no doubt about that!  It's too bad the desirable models have become so valuable nowadays, that only the rich can afford 'em!  I still remember when almost any kid could afford to buy a decently used 2 door Chevelle hardtop, maybe even SS model.  Not anymore!