Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Screw You Smith & Wesson...

Started by Angry White Male, May 16, 2018, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

...for selling me expensive junk.

Talked to the gunsmith today, who has had the thing for, oh, I don't know...  ALMOST TWO FUCKING MONTHS NOW?

Simply wanted a lower rear sight installed (which needs a special tool), so I provided him with the proper sight kit.

Now he thinks the front sight is actually the wrong one, and has ordered that instead?  Why the fuck he just didn't install my rear sight, I don't know.

FUCK YOU Smith and Wesson, for causing me these problems.  A BRAND NEW revolver should not have to spend months in the fucking shop because you cannot even install the right fucking iron sights on a fairly costly gun.

IRON FUCKING SIGHTS ARE NOT NEW TECHNOLOGY.  I weep for Americas manufacturing future if this is the junk that they produce, and charge me top dollar for.

NEVER had a problem with my Ruger revolver nor my Ruger pistol.  NEVER had to visit a gunsmith with those once.

Thought I'd pay a little more for a slightly 'higher tier' revolver.  My fucking mistake.

FIRST and LAST Smith and Wesson product.  EVER.

Unless they want to go the way of Remington, I'd suggest they fix their fucking quality control problems pronto.

Bricktop

Why not just bin it.

That, after all, is where all guns belong.

Angry White Male

And while I'm bitching, I'm gonna bitch about the CZ85 pistol also.

Fine pistol all around, other than they ALMOST FUCKED UP THE REAR SIGHT ALSO!

Although the rear sight is adjustable, the sight assembly itself on this pistol slides in from the side into a dovetail notch.  It is then centerpunched into place, thus securing it into the top of the slide.

Now, ideally the assembler should take the time to ensure that the sight is at least somewhat centered with the centerline of the slide/barrel, BEFORE punching the thing secure.

On mine, he didn't take the time to do this.  Luckily there is JUST enough windage adjustment where I can compensate for this.  So, although this does not affect accuracy, it is still nonetheless a little 'sloppy' to me.  You need a special fucking tool if you want to move the sight assembly in the dovetail, and then you'd have to re-punch the fucking thing again.

Angry White Male

At this rate, the only handguns I may buy in the future are ones marked "Made in Germany."  And I DON'T mean German brands manufactured in the US or elsewhere.  I mean GERMAN FUCKING MADE.

They seem to be the only ones left that do not sacrifice quality for efficiency or quantity.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why not just bin it.

Should fucking sell 'em all and put the proceeds towards a couple of fine GERMAN MADE pistols, and have no more headaches...

Bricktop

Or put the money towards therapy.

Angry White Male

Therapy is covered in Canada under MSP.  The only kicker?  You'll be on a waiting list for many months, so you'll generally be all better by the time your turn comes around to talk to the shrink!

Ain't our system the best?

Bricktop

Get private cover then.

Its not like you have high personal overheads.

Angry White Male

Private coverage for things like that doesn't really exist here...  Has been a big thing in the courts recently.  Some are worried a private system running alongside the public system would 'undermine' it, so no private Doctors allowed, meaning no such thing as private coverage for them...

Only exception to this rule is vision and dental work.  Vision and dental work is generally not covered here at all, so some employers offer coverage for that, as otherwise it would be completely up to you to pay.

Angry White Male

The truly wealthy just travel into the US, and pay whatever to get necessary medical procedures done swiftly...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Private coverage for things like that doesn't really exist here...  Has been a big thing in the courts recently.  Some are worried a private system running alongside the public system would 'undermine' it, so no private Doctors allowed, meaning no such thing as private coverage for them...

Only exception to this rule is vision and dental work.  Vision and dental work is generally not covered here at all, so some employers offer coverage for that, as otherwise it would be completely up to you to pay.

Tough.

We have both private and public.

Mental health services are as accessible as orthopedics or dermatologists.

Angry White Male

Not here.  We have the 'worst' of both worlds...  Trust me.  It is NOT a model to be emulated.

Private care not allowed under law, and public care unable to keep up to demand.

Angry White Male

When my wife left me, I was bouncing off the walls some...  That can be a hard time, and it was.  Lots going on at that time.

Thought I'd ask to see a Shrink, just to talk and get some perspective.

TEN FUCKING MONTHS LATER I received an appointment date.  By then I was almost normal again!

Maybe our system does save money!  If you're not dead by the time you see Doc, you'll probably be fine anyhow, and the visit can be short and sweet!   :laugh:

Angry White Male

Job got cancelled today.  

I'm going to get my god damned gun back today and fix the fucking thing myself.

I'll just order the sight install tool online.

This is fucking bullshit.

Angry White Male

Just put the god damned rear sight on.  That's all I wanted.  Would take a minute with the special tool.

Now I do it myself.  I'm tired of wasting time.

My schedule is busy, and I'm done fucking around.

Obviously the gunsmith has more work than he can handle, so my simple jobs would be of no loss to him anyhow.