The best topic

Replies: 10409
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:53 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Cameras

Started by Berry Sweet, May 24, 2018, 12:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Anyone know of any good cameras to record outside? Something hidden or unnoticeable?  

I once saw this ad on fb of a light bulb that had a camera in it...so it can record your front porch...I need one of these.

I also want another one to record activity off my balcony...thinking I can use my tablet camera somehow in the window...might need an app to get it to work??

Any suggestions?

Angry White Male

There are literally tons of security solutions available.  I guess the first question to ask, is how much do you have to spend?

Bricktop

Using iPads and iPhones eats the battery life.

Like Mel says, electronics shops online have hordes of surveillance cameras.

However, if it is for the purpose I think it is, I'd seek professional help. You want it done right.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Anyone know of any good cameras to record outside? Something hidden or unnoticeable?  

I once saw this ad on fb of a light bulb that had a camera in it...so it can record your front porch...I need one of these.

I also want another one to record activity off my balcony...thinking I can use my tablet camera somehow in the window...might need an app to get it to work??

Any suggestions?

Who do you want to catch in the act of doing what they shouldn't be?

Berry Sweet

Yeah tablets can drain battery life but anything is better than nothing for now.

Brick....I don't want professional help....there is no such thing as "professionals" today....just idiots who really don't know what they are doing with a price of paper and their name on it... means squat.

Herman....kids.  I'm reporting behaviour to the ministry and police.  The more evidence I have, the better.

realgrimm

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Brick....I don't want professional help....there is no such thing as "professionals" today....

Point taken...perhaps I should have said "experienced". If you have electronics shops that sell these things, they can advise you on what's best.

I suspect the best thing for you is a networked camera system that you can access via the web. Not expensive.

Angry White Male

I should add, that perhaps a 'hidden cam' that Berry mentioned may not always be best for home security.  Sometimes just the fact that there is a visible camera outside the premises may be enough for junkie thief to move on to the next house...

Bricktop

Exactly.

Hidden cameras are for internal use.

Angry White Male

Yes, like when you think Grandma is getting abused at the old folks home!

Anonymous

In addition to surveillance/security cameras, depending on how "outside" your situation is, there is also a large category of "trail cameras" or "game cameras" that might be worth a look.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Yes, like when you think Grandma is getting abused at the old folks home!

My grandma is looooong gone.

Angry White Male

Mine too.  Made it to 84.

Berry Sweet

These are kids are trying to catch in the act.  There is one problem family here that is pissing off many other families.  I've made it clear to them, if they want to continue acting like douche bags, I can be a cunt all summer long.  My first move was this morning.  I do not care if they are kids.   I've talked nicely to them too many times.  I'm not being nice anymore.

Berry Sweet

I will go further than putting a bucket of old fried chicken on their car...

And I don't have to worry about that fat cunt anymore....she pissed off others...