News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

My watch from 'CityWatches' dot wherever you are...

Started by Angry White Male, June 12, 2018, 05:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

...has shipped!

Varied reviews from this company available online, which is based in Singapore.  They maintain site domains in various countries, but all seem to be linked right outta Singapore.

The prices seemed right on many watches, and the selection was good.  Shipping was included also in the price.

Did receive an email, asking why my shipping and billing address were different (the addresses are actually the same), along with a request for my phone number to potentially verify this.  No problem...  I will assume this is a 'non-invasive' tactic to kinda verify if the buyer is legit.

Both customer reps had no English language barriers in either of these quick emails, and the item was then shipped.  The odd hours that these emails were sent, tells me they most likely didn't originate from North America, but it's an email, so that doesn't matter!

Issued a tracking number with DHL, so we'll see what arrives in the next few days!

Will update at that time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"...has shipped!

Varied reviews from this company available online, which is based in Singapore.  They maintain site domains in various countries, but all seem to be linked right outta Singapore.

The prices seemed right on many watches, and the selection was good.  Shipping was included also in the price.

Did receive an email, asking why my shipping and billing address were different (the addresses are actually the same), along with a request for my phone number to potentially verify this.  No problem...  I will assume this is a 'non-invasive' tactic to kinda verify if the buyer is legit.

Both customer reps had no English language barriers in either of these quick emails, and the item was then shipped.  The odd hours that these emails were sent, tells me they most likely didn't originate from North America, but it's an email, so that doesn't matter!

Issued a tracking number with DHL, so we'll see what arrives in the next few days!

Will update at that time.

Tell us about your watch.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Tell us about your watch.

It's nothing fancy.  Just a Seiko 5 Automatic.  I pay a little more for the Japanese version, as opposed to the Malaysian versions that are available.

I consider the Japanese Seiko 5 Automatic to be the minimum level of acceptable quality, for myself.

I wear my watches, and they do get banged up over time.  I also prefer Automatics, since I admire all things mechanical.

The Tissot Visodate Automatic really catches my eye too though, although it is a more expensive Swiss Made Auto, but still in the realm of affordability and wearability for many.  Almost bought it, but put that on hold for now...

The Seiko 5 Auto I can wear while doing anything, and not care if it gets scratched.  Don't have to baby it like one would have to a more expensive watch.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Tell us about your watch.

It's nothing fancy.  Just a Seiko 5 Automatic.  I pay a little more for the Japanese version, as opposed to the Malaysian versions that are available.

I consider the Japanese Seiko 5 Automatic to be the minimum level of acceptable quality, for myself.

I wear my watches, and they do get banged up over time.  I also prefer Automatics, since I admire all things mechanical.

The Tissot Visodate Automatic really catches my eye too though, although it is a more expensive Swiss Made Auto, but still in the realm of affordability and wearability for many.  Almost bought it, but put that on hold for now...

The Seiko 5 Auto I can wear while doing anything, and not care if it gets scratched.  Don't have to baby it like one would have to a more expensive watch.

My husband likes cheaper watches too for that reason.

Angry White Male

My Mother always bought the cheapest Timex from Wal Mart.  They worked!  I still have them, and they work fine!

However, my last Seiko 5 Auto cost me $200 close to 10 years ago, and has lasted until now with no servicing and a fair bit of abuse, so for $20/year I get a slightly higher-end watch...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"My Mother always bought the cheapest Timex from Wal Mart.  They worked!  I still have them, and they work fine!

However, my last Seiko 5 Auto costed me $200 close to 10 years ago, and has lasted until now with now servicing and a bit of abuse, so for $20/year I get an slightly higher-class watch...

My husband doesn't get anywhere near that much time out of watches and it doesn't matter how much they cost.

Angry White Male

He works in a very taxing environment, and in that case I'd get two watches if I were him...  The cheapest Casio digital you can find for work, and then something a little classier for non-work environments...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"He works in a very taxing environment, and in that case I'd get two watches if I were him...  The cheapest Casio digital you can find for work, and then something a little classier for non-work environments...

That's what he does.

Angry White Male

Check out the 'Orient' brand too.  They have some classy affordable Automatics also.  Most made in Japan, so you get decent quality for the price.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Check out the 'Orient' brand too.  They have some classy affordable Automatics also.  Most made in Japan, so you get decent quality for the price.

My husband doesn't need a watch right now.

Vancouver

I am a watch guy myself.

My Seiko.

https://www.watchreviewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Seiko-SSB031.jpg">

Last week the battery on the Seiko died. I'm currently wearing the MVMT

http://www.wristwearid.com/uploads/8/3/6/4/83642140/eclipse2_1.jpg">

I am a fan of chrono style watches.

I have my eyes on this Citizen eco-drive watch. Citywatches.ca have a lot of watches on sale.

https://www.citywatches.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CA4125-56E.jpg">
Time is malleable

Rancidmilko

QuoteTissot Visodate Automatic

Fucking shit is a whole 3 weeks of my salary
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I am a watch guy myself.

My Seiko.

https://www.watchreviewblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Seiko-SSB031.jpg">

Last week the battery on the Seiko died. I'm currently wearing the MVMT

http://www.wristwearid.com/uploads/8/3/6/4/83642140/eclipse2_1.jpg">

I am a fan of chrono style watches.

I have my eyes on this Citizen eco-drive watch. Citywatches.ca have a lot of watches on sale.

https://www.citywatches.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CA4125-56E.jpg">

I have two watches. A good one and one that tells time.

What do you need more for?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Red_brazilian_nut"Fucking shit is a whole 3 weeks of my salary

Damn!

Here, it would be about a one week of salary watch, for the average working man.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Last week the battery on the Seiko died. I'm currently wearing the MVMT

Nigger please...  Get an automatic watch.  Never replace battery again!
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I am a fan of chrono style watches.  I have my eyes on this Citizen eco-drive watch. Citywatches.ca have a lot of watches on sale.

I had good luck with City Watches.  Just don't always believe the MSRP figures they post.  Many are inflated.  However, if you know the real MSRP of the watch, City Watches can certainly save you some money depending on the model.