Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Happy Father's Day!!

Started by cc, June 18, 2018, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/Happy-Fathers-Day1-575x431.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Angry White Male

Never met my biological father.  He left just after I was born, and haven't spoken to or seen him since.  Not sure why he left, so I cannot comment on that.

My Mother didn't want me, as she was not equipped to properly raise me.

My stepfather didn't like me.

The only time I ever felt 'wanted' was when I was (quite regularly) passed off to my Grandparents.  They weren't perfect, as my Grandfather sometimes drank too much, but the love was still there.  The generosity was there.

With my parents, I lived in a constant state of fear.  It wasn't bad enough that any of them didn't really want me in the first place, but they would drink and fight all the time too.  I lived in perpetual fear at that age.  No doubt it had some effect on me, even though I am more a 'nature over nurture' beliefs guy myself.

You grow up not trusting people, because if you cannot trust your parents, who could you trust?  

I went to their gravesite tonight, as I do fairly often, since I'm the only one around to keep the stone maintained.  While I had my obligatory beer there, I again had a difficult time coming up with even one positive remembrance.  Over time, the human mind will often filter out the bad, and focus on the good.  I cannot yet stand at that marker and remember anything good or positive.

My Grandparents do hold a place in my heart though...  There was some love, acceptance, and 'normalcy' if you will.  If it wasn't for them, I could've been worse off.

To this day I don't trust people with openness at first, refuse to even entertain the thought of having children (and always have), and I do have a harder time navigating through life than most others do, especially when it comes to the opposite sex.  I'm not a bad looking guy, so I have managed to bag a few decents in my prime, and even married one that was pretty tops eventually, but it reverts back to almost that 'self fulfilling prophecy'...

Self fulfilling prophecy knowing that they will all leave eventually...  And they do.

It's tough, because in one way you know you're better off alone controlling your own personal environment, but then I can also state that this can become awfully lonely also.

Social Media doesn't exactly help either...  In the olden days, social misfits would sorta be forced outside into the world.  Now we can have 'pretend friends' from the comfort of our computer chairs.

Actually, on the matter of social media, I have been thinking about how as good as it is, there are some negatives also...  Much has changed from when I powered up my new Commode 64 as a kid...

Anonymous

My son and his girlfriend came out to the farm Saturday. They brought some steaks, and corn on the cob. I smoked some of his pot and we got  hammered and shot a few gophers with the 22. A good night.

Bricktop

Different strokes, I guess.

I got shit.

Its not Father's Day in Australia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Different strokes, I guess.

I got shit.

Its not Father's Day in Australia.

So, you didn't get to smoke your kid's pot. What a shame. :laugh3:

Bricktop

Nor drink his whisky.

I can wait until September.

Anonymous

Happy belated Father's Day to all dads.

Anonymous

I hope all of the fathers here had a lovely weekend..

If you are not a father, I hope you made your dad feel special yesterday.

ac_smile

Lance Leftardashian

This fathers day has to stop I wish all a happy peoplekind day.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"This fathers day has to stop I wish all a happy peoplekind day.

Maybe some nice hotels will serve peoplekind day brunches.

Odinson

We are not allowed to have anything..

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We are not allowed to have anything..

">

Who is that?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

">

Who is that?

Random feminists..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

">

Who is that?
There really are lefties like this.