The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

'Multiple' deaths, suspect caught after reports of shots fired outside Maryland newspaper office

Started by cc, June 28, 2018, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/29/woman-who-says-capital-gazette-shooting-suspect-harassed-her-warned-police-would-be-next-mass-shooter.html">Woman who says Capital Gazette shooting suspect harassed her warned police he would be 'next mass shooter'

Jayne Miller, a reporter with Baltimore's WBAL-TV, said Thursday she spoke to a woman who said Ramos stalked, harassed and sued her years before the Capital Gazette murder spree. She said Ramos became "fixated" on her to the point where she became frightened enough to move out of state.

"He's a f---ing nut job," the woman said, according to Miller. The unidentified woman told Miller she had warned a former police official years ago that Ramos "will be your next mass shooter."

Police held a final press conference on the shooting on Friday and revealed the Capital Gazette met with lawyers and police in 2013 to discuss if they should press charges against Ramos, who had posted threats on social media aimed at the paper. However, Anne Arundel County Chief Timothy Altomare said the newspaper ultimately declined to pursue charges over concerns it would "exacerbate an already flammable situation."

[hmmmmmm ]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Quote from: "Wazzzup"that's good that Reuters did that.  Apparently there is still someone out there who cares about real journalism.  Unfortunately in most media outlets that number is very few, if any, and rapidly shrinking.

Problem is that the damage is already done and the drama they had a hand in creating will produce more of the same except with direct relation to the commentary.

Apology irrelevant. Justified but still worthless. Like crocodile tears.

Mass shooters don't just desire to hurt individuals. They pick scenarios like gun free zones to damage society at large. Killing is easy. Killing strategically to cause social upheaval is a grander thing in the mind of the messed up.

This is all lose lose for everyone unless partisans all develop a stiff upper lip and go on with business despite whatever a lone nut decides to do. And we as societies need to get over our paranoia about self defence. It's necessary and always has been in civilized cultures.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

The best advice I can give to anyone in life, is try not to make enemies.  Real enemies.

I do my best to not piss people off, and attempt to get along with everyone, at least at a very basic level, which is the most you can hope for with some people.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Look at it this way...  When a shooter busts in and selects certain targets, I would not be a target.  I get along well enough with people to know that.

However, if it was a total random shoot?  Duck for cover!

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Look at it this way...  When a shooter busts in and selects certain targets, I would not be a target.  I get along well enough with people to know that.

However, if it was a total random shoot?  Duck for cover!

Doesn't work like that. It's about targeted persons then numbers then suicide. In a lot of cases, there are no targeted persons. Just a numbers drive. Like a video game.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I figured I'd just let you all run with this for a couple of days.  As I expected, it took less than 2 pages for the BC consensus to come out as "the media's fault."

And not even a mention of Yiannopolous's dog whistle earlier in the week or Trump's most recent dog whistle earlier in the month.  

Nor anything about Ramos's subtle but deep fascination with alt-right rhetoric.

And it's too much to expect any references to the hidden history of US regime de-stabilizations in various Latin American countries throughout the decades, which often featured attacks on newspapers.  Hell, no one in the US is talking about that playbook either.

kiebers

Quote from: "Peaches"I figured I'd just let you all run with this for a couple of days.  As I expected, it took less than 2 pages for the BC consensus to come out as "the media's fault."

And not even a mention of Yiannopolous's dog whistle earlier in the week or Trump's most recent dog whistle earlier in the month.  

Nor anything about Ramos's subtle but deep fascination with alt-right rhetoric.

And it's too much to expect any references to the hidden history of US regime de-stabilizations in various Latin American countries throughout the decades, which often featured attacks on newspapers.  Hell, no one in the US is talking about that playbook either.

I didn't get that impression at all. But it is your opinion and you are entitled to interpret it as you see fit.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I completely forgot to mention, since it's not about the press but about ICE activities, that the president also dog-whistled for his base to go after Rep. Maxine Walters, resulting in death threats against a sitting member of congress ... about which the president maintains a studied silence, just as he waves off media questions about what he really thinks about the Capital paper murders.

But back to those murders, did anyone notice that the Fox organization (thru Hannity) blamed them on Maxine Walters within minutes of the story breaking?  You can't make this stuff up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"I completely forgot to mention, since it's not about the press but about ICE activities, that the president also dog-whistled for his base to go after Rep. Maxine Walters, resulting in death threats against a sitting member of congress ... about which the president maintains a studied silence, just as he waves off media questions about what he really thinks about the Capital paper murders.

But back to those murders, did anyone notice that the Fox organization (thru Hannity) blamed them on Maxine Walters within minutes of the story breaking?  You can't make this stuff up.

Okay it seems you don't deny the opponents of the president are have gone too far..

You just say(without proof) his supporters have copied his opponents methods.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Peaches"I figured I'd just let you all run with this for a couple of days.  As I expected, it took less than 2 pages for the BC consensus to come out as "the media's fault."

I didn't see anyone blame the media for the shooting.  I don't want to speak for anyone else, because they may say different, but I, at least, blamed media members for lying and saying Trump inspired the shooting when that obviously was completely unsupported by any known facts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I didn't see anyone blame the media for the shooting.  we blamed media members for lying and saying trump caused the shooting when that obviously was completely unsupported by any known facts.

I don't know how Peaches could have concluded anyone blamed  the media for this shooting..

I think we can all see it was one person's obsession that caused the deaths of five people..

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Peaches"I completely forgot to mention, since it's not about the press but about ICE activities, that the president also dog-whistled for his base to go after Rep. Maxine Walters, resulting in death threats against a sitting member of congress ... about which the president maintains a studied silence, just as he waves off media questions about what he really thinks about the Capital paper murders.

Okay it seems you don't deny the opponents of the president are have gone too far..

You just say(without proof) his supporters have copied his opponents methods.

Yup. 2 claims simply spit out from nowhere -  zero evidence as to support. I'm disappointed

Not that reader needs prove anything but Link-less in wherever said "within minutes"???  ... "https://www.vox.com/2018/6/28/17515262/capital-gazette-annapolis-maryland-shooting">The shooting began around 2:35 pm at the Capital Gazette offices" - Fox show starts at 6.00 pm .. . kinda makes the entire post a tad suspicious, say what?

Quote from: "Link-less"You can't make this stuff up
Link-less just did ... and blatantly so  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell