Fat Stacks of Cash...

Started by Angry White Male, June 30, 2018, 09:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

...you jelly, bitches?  I thought so...  

Now go be poor somewhere else.

http://i63.tinypic.com/e8lc8n.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"...you jelly, bitches?  I thought so...  

I think we have six dollars worth of Canadian Tire money in our house.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"...you jelly, bitches?  I thought so...  

I think we have six dollars worth of Canadian Tire money in our house.

They aint as generous with it as they used to be.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"They aint as generous with it as they used to be.

If Wiki is correct, it used to be 5%, then went lower and lower to its current rate of 0.4%.

However, it is higher if you switch to their plastic, which eliminates the paper bill issue of the 'reward.'

My guess is it costs more than five cents to print a five cent bill!  Remember, these are printed in the same factories that handled real Canadian bills when they were still paper, using the same methods!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"They aint as generous with it as they used to be.

If Wiki is correct, it used to be 5%, then went lower and lower to its current rate of 0.4%.

However, it is higher if you switch to their plastic, which eliminates the paper bill issue of the 'reward.'

My guess is it costs more than five cents to print a five cent bill!  Remember, these are printed in the same factories that handled real Canadian bills when they were still paper, using the same methods!

Maybe I should sign up for their card.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"Maybe I should sign up for their card.

The basic Triangle rewards card does offer a higher reward than you would get compared with the paper 'rewards'...  I can't find out exactly how much higher, as it seems to vary, and Canadian Tire doesn't seem to post this info for some strange reason.  Probably because it changes all the time?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"Maybe I should sign up for their card.

The basic Triangle rewards card does offer a higher reward than you would get compared with the paper 'rewards'...  I can't find out exactly how much higher, as it seems to vary, and Canadian Tire doesn't seem to post this info for some strange reason.  Probably because it changes all the time?

I was in Lloyd last week, and the Filipina behind the counter asked me if I wanted to sign up for the card. She didn't seem to know much about it herself.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I was in Lloyd last week, and the Filipina behind the counter asked me if I wanted to sign up for the card. She didn't seem to know much about it herself.

They asked me too, but I declined...

Either way, they've gotten as cheap as the Scot on the fucking bill with the reward percentage now!  Back in tha day, it wouldn't take long to accumulate a fucking stack of the money a foot tall!   :laugh:

Now, not quite so easy...

Bricktop

I love how they call reducing the price of their overpriced goods a "rewards system". If they can afford 5% discount, give you the damn discount.

I do not subscribe to any of these scam systems. Spend more, get a discount? If they want my business, they can give me the discount or I buy elsewhere.

Angry White Male

In one way I can understand why Canadian Tire does this, and here's why:  If you pay by credit card, you do not get the Canadian Tire money.  You only get it if paying by cash or debit.

The reason is clear...  You pay by Visa or MasterCard, Canadian Tire has to pay them a fee for that.  So, you don't pay by credit card, and you get a little bit of that difference back.

Bricktop

So why not just reduce the price by the amount of the surcharge, rather than drip feed you pennies?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"So why not just reduce the price by the amount of the surcharge, rather than drip feed you pennies?

I guess from an accounting viewpoint it's just easier having one price on each item, instead of two different prices depending on form of payment?  Only guessing, as I only bill and get paid by cheque with my business.

A large corp like Walmart or Canadian Tire must have accounting and tax 'reasons' for doing what they do, that are far beyond what the average guy would even be able to understand...

Regardless, these retailers do pay a fee when credit cards are used...  It's a percentage of the total sale price.

Seoulbro might be the one poster here that could explain why businesses don't have a 'two-tiered' pricing scheme, depending on form of payment...

Bricktop

You don't need to be an accountant to work that out.

You reward loyalty, in one form or another. One price for regulars, one price for punters.

The trick is to force the retailer to offer you the lowest price, regardless.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"The trick is to force the retailer to offer you the lowest price, regardless.

Yeah, I'll go to Wal Mart tomorrow and 'trick' them into giving me a lower price...  

Do you fucking live in India?

Bricktop

Clearly, you don't know how to shop. A ticket price is the ASKING price. True, many stores will stick to their ticket price (unless you provide evidence a competitor is selling an item cheaper, or they are the only retailer of that product), but many will also negotiate on larger items, usually for cash.

Next time you're out shopping for a TV, ask for 10% off.

They can only say no...and they rarely do. Works better in the last few days of the month, when they need maximum cash flow.