News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

OMG Trump is DESTROYING the United States!!!!!!

Started by Wazzzup, July 06, 2018, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Just look at ths destruction he has wrought--

213,000 new jobs, oh noes!

Unemployment Hits 4 Percent, eek how terrible!

Wages Rise, oh the horror

People who quit for years are now re-entering the work force.  the HORROR!

and the racism too, oh the racism

Black unemployment is at an all time low, how racist!

Hispanic unemployment is at an all time low, even more racist

and the misogyny, oh no, not the misogyny

Women's unemployment is at an all time low, oh the humanity!

Trump is destroying everything.  This is so horrible, how will we survive.  ARGGGHHHHHH

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/job-unemployment-economy-labor/2018/07/06/id/870253/">https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy ... id/870253/">https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/job-unemployment-economy-labor/2018/07/06/id/870253/

https://j.gifs.com/KOG0zn.gif">

https://pics.me.me/if-you-think-the-left-hates-trump-now-wait-until-10053776.png">

Blazor

Damn, maybe its safe to start finding a better job now.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Damn, maybe its safe to start finding a better job now.

Canada added 32,000 jobs last month..

Seventy per cent were part time and only three provinces reported gains at all.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Maybe Trump is rubbing off up there too lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

Canada "usually" follows the US .. up or down

That said, There are factors in play here that will change that
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Canada usually follows the US .. up or down

We seem to have decoupled from the USA cc..

Perhaps Seoul might enlighten us, but jobs and growth are not tracking the USA.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"

Maybe Trump is rubbing off up there too lol.

Isn't that illegal?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Canada usually follows the US .. up or down

He must be on the golf course.

Angry White Male

On a related note, something that I see (and I look where everything I buy is made), is that all the commonwealth nations have ceased production of most general household manufactured goods, generally speaking...  When is the last time you saw something Made in Canada, or in England, or in Australia?  I'm speaking globally here...

The only thing the world may have ever seen Made in Canada are those red plastic gas cans...

On the other hand, it is still possible to find things Made in the USA, or Made in Germany...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

On a related note, something that I see (and I look where everything I buy is made), is that all the commonwealth nations have ceased production of most general household manufactured goods, generally speaking...  When is the last time you saw something Made in Canada, or in England, or in Australia?  I'm speaking globally here...

The only thing the world may have ever seen Made in Canada are those red plastic gas cans...

On the other hand, it is still possible to find things Made in the USA, or Made in Germany...

Southern Ontario's manufacturing is mostly parts for auto/heavy equipment and Western Canada's resource sectors.

Angry White Male

Not a very 'diverse' manufacturing sector, IMHO...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Southern Ontario's manufacturing is mostly parts for auto/heavy equipment and Western Canada's resource sectors.

Chemical manufacturing is still large and even growing. So is food processing. Paper,machinery, electronics and autos/parts are declining.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"

Chemical manufacturing is still large and even growing. So is food processing. Paper,machinery, electronics and autos/parts are declining.

Motorola used to have a tube tv plant somewhere in Ontario. I can't remember which city.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

We've sold our souls to globalisation, and it will come back to hurt us badly in the not too distant future.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"We've sold our souls to globalisation, and it will come back to hurt us badly in the not too distant future.

The push for ever cheaper goods.  It's what people want...  cheap shit.

Then again, I have always run American made tires on my work truck, but understand the expense of these...  Two American made front steers are almost $2,500.  Eight American made drive tires cost me $4,000.  My pony has another eight tires.

That's over $10,000 for me to replace all the tires.

Many guys have switched to Chinese tires, at least on the drive and trailer axles.  These things are sometimes even cheaper than retreads!

I am seriously considering switching to Chinese tires also...  Profit margins are very slim in this business, and business is business.  Can't always be country/brand loyal when it comes to profits...