Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

My Karl Foerster's are...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 12, 2018, 07:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Thanks!  I used to plant a variety of things every year, but now that the townhouses are finished next door, I thought I'd plant something that grows tall for a bit of privacy, and requires very little maintenance.  Karl Foerster's seemed to fit the bill...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Thanks!  I used to plant a variety of things every year, but now that the townhouses are finished next door, I thought I'd plant something that grows tall for a bit of privacy, and requires very little maintenance.  Karl Foerster's seemed to fit the bill...

And you have a nice sized  patio too.

Chuck Bronson

It works.  Just off to the right by the garden hose, is my full sized Weber barbecue, so there's enough room out there to seat and entertain multiple people...

Berry Sweet

Are you still building that gigantic power box?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...fucked for the year.

These things will often 'bend over' a bit when it rains, but have always returned to upright afterwards.  Not this time...  Had a MASSIVE downpour the other night, so much so that the building gutter couldn't even keep up, and tons of water got dumped on them.

Now 90% of the grass will not return to upright, essentially 'ruining' the grass until next Spring.  I had to tie a string across them all just to kinda keep them up, but they are done for the season.  Kind of pisses me off.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hweohx.jpg">

I don't like ground floor condos, but you have good privacy. The plants help a a lot.

So, that's grounds of Mel's crib.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"...fucked for the year.

These things will often 'bend over' a bit when it rains, but have always returned to upright afterwards.  Not this time...  Had a MASSIVE downpour the other night, so much so that the building gutter couldn't even keep up, and tons of water got dumped on them.

Now 90% of the grass will not return to upright, essentially 'ruining' the grass until next Spring.  I had to tie a string across them all just to kinda keep them up, but they are done for the season.  Kind of pisses me off.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hweohx.jpg">

I don't like ground floor condos, but you have good privacy. The plants help a a lot.

So, that's grounds of Mel's crib.

It's nice size patio for such a small condo.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Are you still building that gigantic power box?

Power box?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Are you still building that gigantic power box?

Power box?

Yeah you were blubbering on one night about the need for a bigger power box outside...maybe you had too much beer.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yeah you were blubbering on one night about the need for a bigger power box outside...maybe you had too much beer.

No I wasn't.  For one, I don't even know what exactly a 'power box' is that you're referring to.  Even if I was drunk, I wouldn't use a term like 'power box'...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"It's nice size patio for such a small condo.

I don't need a large living space.  More room just means accumulating more junk.

What I would like is more distance from other people around me.

If I make it to retirement, I would be happy to buy a piece of land, and have even a mobile home (new, or course) placed on it.  I would be fine with that, as long as I had a little more space.

Immigrants are happy living clustered in like rats, as they are used to that.  White people need space.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yeah you were blubbering on one night about the need for a bigger power box outside...maybe you had too much beer.

No I wasn't.  For one, I don't even know what exactly a 'power box' is that you're referring to.  Even if I was drunk, I wouldn't use a term like 'power box'...

Yeah when you're drunk you become an instant genius...Im so fooled!!

Chuck Bronson

Even when I'm drunk, I don't make up terms that are foreign to me.  And since I'm a fairly decent 'jack of all trades,' I would never use a term like 'power box' under any circumstances.

This discussion is over.

Berry Sweet

It's past my bedtime and you were too drunk to remember

Blazor

If I make it to retirement, I would be happy to buy a piece of land, and have even a mobile home (new, or course) placed on it.  I would be fine with that, as long as I had a little more space.

You have the same dream as I've always had lol.

I almost bought 40 acres for $60,000 several years ago. Was all mountain, did not see ANY neighbors. It was in BFE, my wife died, and I had to pass on it. The main snag was it was considered a land loan with a single wide on it, and you had to have 20% down plus closing costs.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

You have the same dream as I've always had lol.

I almost bought 40 acres for $60,000 several years ago. Was all mountain, did not see ANY neighbors. It was in BFE, my wife died, and I had to pass on it. The main snag was it was considered a land loan with a single wide on it, and you had to have 20% down plus closing costs.

And the land had services on it?