The best topic

Replies: 10493
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:27:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Yep, Magpies, Crows and Ravens, all very similar

There are no currawongs in my suburb though. I had to go to our Darling Ranges to see them. I've only known about them this past week.

The crows here are the size of large hawks.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

There are no currawongs in my suburb though. I had to go to our Darling Ranges to see them. I've only known about them this past week.

That's quite big then.

We were supposed to have a thunder storm... we've got NOTHING.

It's getting very urgent drought crisis here at the moment.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

That's quite big then.

We were supposed to have a thunder storm... we've got NOTHING.

It's getting very urgent drought crisis here at the moment.

How long has it been since you've had rain?

caskur

3 months...In January we got a decent drop.... maybe we've had 5 mls where I live since then.

We should have had 93 mms by now, we've only had 13 mms this year... it' already 4 months into 2019
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"3 months...In January we got a decent drop.... maybe we've had 5 mls where I live since then.

We should have had 93 mms by now, we've only had 13 mms this year... it' already 4 months into 2019

That is very dry..

Is there much crop production where you live?

Bricktop

We've had areas of zero rain.

Since October 2018.

33C here tomorrow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We've had areas of zero rain.

Since October 2018.

33C here tomorrow.

I've seen pictures of your deserts.....they are red like the Sahara.

Bricktop

Some are. Some are stony. Some are just dry with some vegetation.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"3 months...In January we got a decent drop.... maybe we've had 5 mls where I live since then.

That is very dry..

Is there much crop production where you live?

I live in suburbia in WA's capital city.

We had a beautiful wet winter last year but its all dried out now.

We live on stored water.

Our crops feed the entire continent and we ship everything overseas feeding the middle east and Asia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Western_Australia">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_o ... _Australia">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Western_Australia

The Western Australian economy is a state economy dominated by its resources and services sector and largely driven by the export of iron-ore, gold, liquefied natural gas and agricultural commodities such as wheat. Covering an area of 2.5 million km2, the state is Australia's largest, accounting for almost one-third of the continent. Western Australia is the nation's fourth most populous state, with 2.6 million inhabitants (11% of the national population).[1]

In 2011, Western Australia provided 46% of Australia's exports.[2] In 2010-11, Western Australia's gross state product was A$193 billion (14.6% of Australia's GDP), making it the nation's most productive state with a GSP per capita of $82,653 (compared with the national average of $57,925).[3] If Western Australia were a separate country, it would be among the Top 50 economies in the world by GDP.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Our crops feed the entire continent and we ship everything overseas feeding the middle east and Asia.

Er, no.

Most of your crop feeds Asia.

The rest feeds yourself.

Most other States are self sufficient.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Some are. Some are stony. Some are just dry with some vegetation.

You posted some pictures of red desert..

They were ridiculously dry.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Er, no.

The rest feeds yourself.

All our crayfish/rock lobster goes to Asia.... All our sheep go to middle East which is Asia Minor...

And our wheat goes everywhere including the eastern states struggling drought stricken farmers...

46% <<<<<< of export from Australia come from WA... We're not struggling urchins Mister Bricktp. we've been supoorting the planet for a long time...It is about time you Eastern Syaters sat up and respected that.... All you people think is WA is a packet of tim tams that'll never run out.

If WA was a separate country, we'd be in the top 50 richest countries... That is nothing to sneeze at.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Some are. Some are stony. Some are just dry with some vegetation.

You posted some pictures of red desert..

They were ridiculously dry.

The desert areas (the red dust) is Iron Ore,... the stuff everyone needs to build houses and make furniture.

There are two seasons in those areas. The Wet and The Dry so that is 6 months of thunderstorms, (the wet) and 6 months of no rain. (the dry which is winter time)
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Er, no.

The rest feeds yourself.

All our crayfish.rock lobster goes to Asia.... All our sheep go to middle East which is Asia Minor...

And our wheat goes everywhere including the eastern states struggling drought stricken farmers...

46%

caskur

Did you get your quote askew Fash?
- Andy Warhol