The best topic

Replies: 10493
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:27:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

This was EXTREMELY exciting for me but I wasn't close enough for that great shot. I'm pretty sure it's a Superb Fairy-wren... If I go back, I could see it again.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Also a currawong...

">

Capturing those little guys takes skill and patience. It's a rush when you get one.

caskur

Come over to WA again Bricktop... visit Serpentine dam which is an hour and 4 minute drive from Fremantle...  There were at least 4 Currawongss. I feed them tomatoes... the Ringnecks didn't like tomato....lol, they're apple gorgers..
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"Come over to WA again Bricktop... visit Serpentine dam which is an hour and 4 minute drive from Fremantle...  There were at least 4 Currawongss. I feed them tomatoes... the Ringnecks didn't like tomato....lol, they're apple gorgers..

That one was in the Victorian alps...they were quite common.

Oddly, I do not think we have them in SA.

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"Come over to WA again Bricktop... visit Serpentine dam which is an hour and 4 minute drive from Fremantle...  There were at least 4 Currawongss. I feed them tomatoes... the Ringnecks didn't like tomato....lol, they're apple gorgers..

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I think you do. I saw it on the net...

Look at this thanks to 4K photo.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Yes, that 4K is a neat trick.

caskur

bloody oath. It saved me taking THOUSANDS of pictures. All I need is a still hand on a subject for a few seconds.

I just wished my zoom was better quality.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I would bring them baskets of apples.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think we chopped up two apples between 24 birds...

You should UNDERFEED wild birds. They need to reply on their own devices, not us.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think we chopped up two apples between 24 birds...

You should UNDERFEED wild birds. They need to reply on their own devices, not us.

Good point, but I would still spoil them.

caskur

These birds belong in our garden drinking from our bird baths. I have two. One in the front garden and one in the back.

Singing Honey-eater.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"These birds belong in our garden drinking from our bird baths. I have two. One in the front garden and one in the back.

Singing Honey-eater.

They're tiny.

caskur

Yes, and they're very fast but The Little Brown Honey-eater is smaller and so are the Fairy Wrens.

I'm looking forward to improving these shots. Splendid Fairy-wren.. I'm so tired I'm hitting the sack. I had a long day.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

They look to be about the size of our chick a dees.

caskur

I hope my husband comes home in the next hour so I can go back there in the hopes of getting the shots I want.
- Andy Warhol