News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

When will China surpass the United States?

Started by JOE, July 18, 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"Outed !!!

Shen Li in disguise

ac_smile

Wow!!

You're quick on the uptake!!!

:001_rolleyes:

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

That sharp Australian power of observation cannot be eluded.

@realAzhyaAryola

Not until all those ghost cities that lay barren become occupied and show signs of life. Good luck. :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "seoulbro"The Nikkei 225 stock index soared to an all-time high of 38,916 on Dec. 29, 1989. It marked the beginning of Japan's long decline. Unlike the Asian financial meltdown of the late nineties, there was no contagion to neighbouring Asian countries.

Prior to that, Japan was predicted to be the largest economy in the world and the Japanese the most affluent people ever.

They were. If I recall correctly the fall not only ended foreign property purchases but resulted in a major fall in the prices of proprieties in areas Japanese money had been going into ... as most of these properties were dumped for cheap almost overnight

Vancouver was of course one of these areas

While they were on their roll Japanese interests also bought up several US Landmark properties such.  Pebble Beach resort comes to mind  .. which after the fall cost the purchaser  a loss of nearly $350 million to quickly unload it

Japan never surpassed the US, but like Seoul was getting at, if things kept going the way they were, it  would have been  a country of 125 million millionaires.