News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

When will China surpass the United States?

Started by JOE, July 18, 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...and what will Chinese global dominance look loke?

How will they exert their influence & financial clout?

One major reason it's inevitable are the huge debt levels the US has built up.

While the US budget deficits keep increasing, China keeps buying up their debt.

At this rate, the US economy will one day implode.

America is living way beyond its means.

Also the Chinese are responsible for most of the world's industrial output.

Personally, I think America's fall from world dominance will be quite humbling for them.

It'll be a bitter pill for them to swallow.

Chinese advertisements on top of the Statue if Liberty?

Chinese naval armadas off America's coasts?

Massive shutdowns of overseas US military bases and the troops coming home?

The top movie releases in theatres near you in Chinese with Asian movie stars?

Like it or not, its a comin' folks.

The 21st century may soon belong to China.

cc

Quotewhat will Chinese global dominance look loke?

Not sure. What do you think it will look loke

Sounds like could be a Chinese word? and if so, what does it translate to?

Are you boning up on Chinese? Is a move in your near future?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

JOE

Heres a link which compares the decline of the United States with that of the British Empire:

https://m.globalchange.com/china-as-worlds-dominant-superpower-impact-on-america-russia-and-eu.htm">https://m.globalchange.com/china-as-wor ... and-eu.htm">https://m.globalchange.com/china-as-worlds-dominant-superpower-impact-on-america-russia-and-eu.htm

Anonymous

I don't think China has as bright a future as people think. Billions of dollars in wasted infrastructure and a financial market their own population doesn't trust. But, they'll do better than Europe. Europe is FUBAR.

Edit, the USA, and Canada are finished too, but it won't be public debt that will be our eulogy. Middle class jobs killing mass immigration will turn both countries into third world rat's nests.

Anonymous

The size of China's economy has surpassed Britain, France, Germany and Japan..

None of those countries has imploded yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"The size of China's economy has surpassed Britain, France, Germany and Japan..

None of those countries has imploded yet.

Japan's debt is more than double that of the US. I actually see lots of similarities between China and Japan in 1989. Once the stock market crashed and equity prices dropped, banks and insurance companies were left with lots of bad debt. The Japanese government and central bank supported these organizations by bailing them out and providing low-interest credit which China is doing today.

The good news for Japan is that unlike heavily indebted Canadians or even less indebted  Anericans, the Japanese are big savers. Japanese households' average savings reached ¥18M and is steadily increasing every year. Unfortunately, the Chinese are taking on a lot of consumer debt after two decades  of saving. This could be a Japanese style problem if stocks and real estate enter into a long slump.

cc

Not familiar with 89, but if I recall correctly there was a "major" and overall economic crash in Asia in late 98 (and / or early 99) while we were in the Fils.

Things got bad enough for us to head back to Canada as everything dried up. Markets everywhere lost about 1/2 their value. Japan and China stocks  and economies were a disaster

Zetsu

Maybe in GDP per capita, education level China might surpass the US, and lifestyle and infrastructure they're overall better in these areas, but in other fields like military, technology & science, ethnics & moral, social harmony/selflessness, equality China wouldn't come close, or at least in this rate.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not familiar with 89, but if I recall correctly there was a "major" and overall economic crash in Asia in late 98 (and / or early 99) while we were in the Fils.

Things got bad enough for us to head back to Canada as everything dried up. Markets everywhere lost about 1/2 their value. Japan and China stocks  and economies were a disaster

The Asian financial flu of 97 and 98.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not familiar with 89, but if I recall correctly there was a "major" and overall economic crash in Asia in late 98 (and / or early 99) while we were in the Fils.

The Nikkei 225 stock index soared to an all-time high of 38,916 on Dec. 29, 1989. It marked the beginning of Japan's long decline. Unlike the Asian financial meltdown of the late nineties, there was no contagion to neighbouring Asian countries.

cc

Yes. 89 was Japan. 97 or 98 hit them all hard .... and as you say by then Japan markets were already low going in

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The Nikkei 225 stock index soared to an all-time high of 38,916 on Dec. 29, 1989. It marked the beginning of Japan's long decline. Unlike the Asian financial meltdown of the late nineties, there was no contagion to neighbouring Asian countries.

Prior to that, Japan was predicted to be the largest economy in the world and the Japanese the most affluent people ever.

Lance Leftardashian

Hopefully China will surpass the United States and end white supremacy once and for all. We will all live in peace and harmony once white privelege has finally been vanquished.
I care, you pay

cc

Outed !!! ^^

Shen Li in disguise

ac_smile

cc

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "seoulbro"The Nikkei 225 stock index soared to an all-time high of 38,916 on Dec. 29, 1989. It marked the beginning of Japan's long decline. Unlike the Asian financial meltdown of the late nineties, there was no contagion to neighbouring Asian countries.

Prior to that, Japan was predicted to be the largest economy in the world and the Japanese the most affluent people ever.

They were. If I recall correctly the fall not only ended foreign property purchases but resulted in a major fall in the prices of proprieties in areas Japanese money had been going into ... as most of these properties were dumped for cheap almost overnight

Vancouver was of course one of these areas

While they were on their roll Japanese interests also bought up several US Landmark properties such.  Pebble Beach resort comes to mind  .. which after the fall cost the purchaser  a loss of nearly $350 million to quickly unload it