The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Keeping the Hollywood tradition alive

Started by Bricktop, July 24, 2018, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Yet another in the current catalogue of "Movies We Don't Need", joining Star Wars Episode Whatever, all superhero movies, all silly CGI moralisers and anything with Robert DeNiro or Meryl Streep in it.

">

I don't think I've ever seen a trailer that says "Avoid this stinker" so clearly as this one. It seems to be combining global warming, human failure, another global catastrophe and a rising star vehicle with 50's monsters.

:nea:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yet another in the current catalogue of "Movies We Don't Need", joining Star Wars Episode Whatever, all superhero movies, all silly CGI moralisers and anything with Robert DeNiro or Meryl Streep in it.

">

I don't think I've ever seen a trailer that says "Avoid this stinker" so clearly as this one. It seems to be combining global warming, human failure, another global catastrophe and a rising star vehicle with 50's monsters.

:nea:
I think I will pass too.

Chuck Bronson

Hollywood cranks out so much junk I haven't been to a theater in ages.  Seems like the vast majority of crap they pump out is geared towards those with an IQ of around 50...

I enjoyed Shutter Island...  That's probably one of the newest releases that I liked, and that came out years ago!

Bricktop

I enjoyed Bladerunner 2049.

Also, strangely, Guardians of the Galaxy.

I've not bothered with anything else.

Chuck Bronson

And although I know it's wrong, I feel no guilt downloading a movie via torrent.  At least that way I haven't paid good money when it ends up being shit anyhow.

Besides, they've made enough money off me in years past charging me $ to watch shit!

Bricktop

Although I don't do that...I think of it as stealing...I don't judge those who do.

This is because the idiots who make this shit make millions of dollars, allowing spoilt and overvalued actors to live high on the hog for no other reason than they can pretend they're someone else.

What grinds my gears is that they scream about illegal downloads...but if you go see a movie, and its absolute crap, can you get your money back?

No. They keep it any way.

So, knock yourself out...given the crap they want you to pay for lately, they don't deserve being paid for it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Hollywood cranks out so much junk I haven't been to a theater in ages.  Seems like the vast majority of crap they pump out is geared towards those with an IQ of around 50...

I enjoyed Shutter Island...  That's probably one of the newest releases that I liked, and that came out years ago!

My husband wants to see the Equalizer 2 with Denzel Washington.

Berry Sweet

I don't pay attention to movies...I have no clue what is playing...I don't watch tv so I never see any commercials....I did have a coffee the other day, there was a tv playing a Wal-Mart commercial....this guy buying all these supplies and then giving them to people in this apt building...turned out they made the side of the building a giant white sheet to watch a movie...it was cute.  I probably won't see another commercial for weeks...

Chuck Bronson

I saw that commercial also.  It was very 'multi-cultural'!    :laugh:

Kinda reminded me of the ghetto that you live in...

Berry Sweet

I don't live in an apartment...its your place your thinking off...with piss stained sheets and garlic skid marks...

Chuck Bronson

I don't live where we have to throw fruits and vegetables at each other...

Berry Sweet

..and leave buckets of chicken on people's cars..

Berry Sweet

Remember those pooey chair threads with pics....that was you, wasn't it?

Chuck Bronson

You'd find my building too 'foreign' for you...  There are no throwing of food items here at each other, no open drug deals, no punk kids, no shootings, no trashy renters...

You just wouldn't 'fit.'  I have a cousin that's similar...  She wouldn't fit in an upscale White/Rich Honger neighbourhood.

We all have our place in this world.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Remember those pooey chair threads with pics....that was you, wasn't it?

No.  That was RDL.  Ricky...