Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I drove an American actress of a well known TV series shot in Vancouver today

Started by JOE, August 05, 2018, 01:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

She came out of the building as if shrouded in mystRey with a demi disguise.

She wore sunglasses as if trying to conceal her identity.

I never contacted her direct by phone but through her agent.

I've done similar jobs before where I don't contact the person directly but through a 3rd party instead.

Vancouver has a lot of TV personalities coming through the city so it's not uncommon to meet them given the movie industry here.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "JOE"I never contacted her direct by phone but through her agent.

I've done similar jobs before where I don't contact the person directly but through a 3rd party instead.

That's because they don't want you to have their number, Joe!

JOE

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "JOE"I never contacted her direct by phone but through her agent.

That's because they don't want you to have their number, Joe!

Apparently you are qualified to drive for the movie industry Mel.

With a class 1 drivers license you could make nice coin driving equipment  and sets to locations.

No less than $50 per hour. Probably more like  $75 per hour

Bricktop

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "JOE"Apparently you are qualified to drive for the movie industry Mel.

With a class 1 drivers license you could make nice coin driving equipment  and sets to locations.

No less than $50 per hour. Probably more like  $75 per hour

I was offered multiple jobs in the movie industry over the years, from Class 1 honey wagon driver for Teamsters 155, to 'special' equipment driver.

I've worked with this guy in the past...  He's one of the best guys you could ever meet as a co-worker, and seems to like the movie gigs...   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7933321/">https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7933321/

The reason I avoid that industry, is because the days are fucking long, and things can easily slow down also.  Have worked with a few movie teamsters in the past that take on whatever other job just to fill in the gaps.

I don't like to live like that...  Always waiting by the phone, boom or bust work schedules, long fucking days...  I like what I do now, as I have an almost 'normal' work/life balance.

No doubt about it though...  There is money to be made in the movie industry if you can handle all the BS.

Chuck Bronson

To be honest though, the base wages in the movies aren't that great.  However, this can be made up with all the overtime you'll work when busy.

I found out I was better off working for LaFarge as mixer operator, which pays about $10/hour more than any movie job (They'd pay around $38/hour now).  You would probably be better off working for LaFarge at the end of the year, again if you can put up with the on-call shit.

LaFarge is the 'gold standard' of driving jobs, but you're also pouring concrete and need to know slump rates and shit like that, since most plants are what's called 'dry batch' plants, and it's up to the driver to know how much water to add for a particular pour.

http://i67.tinypic.com/15mjt09.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Mmmm...I'm guessing Joan Crawford.

Why not eh. She's dead and so are old Joe's bullshit stories.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Would anyone trust him with their body?

I'd jump out

Who wouldn't.

Bricktop