Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

OK Beatles fans...

Started by Bricktop, July 02, 2018, 04:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

How could they be if they were Hermits??

Chuck Bronson

The Beatles were a game changer.  I appreciate and can admire and respect them for that, even though I am not their biggest fan.

Every now and then a band appears that shakes things up.  Nirvana did the same, but in a different decade.  Again, not the biggest fan, but can appreciate the 'freshness' they brought to the scene.

caskur

The Bee Gees.... The Seekers, Queen, Eurythmics (sp?) Fleetwood Mac... The Eagles...Beach Boys...

No ONE band is better than any other.. I can't stand discussions like this. They're crap.

If they've sold albums, they're all good.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

I think the point with the Beatles is that whilst I agree that comparisons are odious and pointless, it cannot be denied that without them, music today might have looked very different. For example, whether you prefer one over the other, without Sgt Peppers, there would probably not have been a Dark Side Of The Moon. Without Tomorrow Never Knows, psychedelia, electronic and ambient music might not have existed.

They moved boundaries, and other groups found new musical horizons when they followed.

Chuck Bronson

That's it.  In the early sixties, things were starting to get 'stale'...  Something new had to come, but nobody really knew what that would be until the Beatles exploded onto the scene...

caskur

Doesn't anyone remember Crispian St Peters?

This song is better than any Beatles song...And the Beatles were good... THIS IS GREAT.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

The Beatles & Paul McCartney sing....Yesterday...

">

JOE

Norwegian Wood by the Beatles....live...

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"Norwegian Wood by the Beatles....live...

">

Very nice.

JOE

Some contemporaries  of the Beatles I rather enjoyed included the Byrds.

Here they sing a Bob Dylan tune, Chimes of Freedom:

">

Print
User actions