The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Two kids among ten injured by Shotgun in Manchester shooting rampage upon a street party

Started by cc, August 12, 2018, 01:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/722810/manchester-moss-side-shooting-england-uk-news">Children as young as 12 were among the 12 people injured in the incident at around 2.30am on Sunday morning, as a crowd of several hundred people enjoyed a street party following the Caribbean Carnival in Moss Side.

Chief Superintendent Wasim Chaudhry said officers were investigating whether the attack was targeted after being met with scenes of "confusion".

"There was a large crowd of several hundred people still celebrating following the carnival event and a number of these people had received injuries," he told a press conference.

"Ten people were highlighted as having been injured and they were taken to hospital, their ages range from late childhood through to in their 50s.

"The injuries were consistent with pellet injuries, predominantly around the injured parties' legs, which have required hospital treatment...our working premise is that it was a shotgun involved in the incident."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/722810/manchester-moss-side-shooting-england-uk-news">Children as young as 12 were among the 12 people injured in the incident at around 2.30am on Sunday morning, as a crowd of several hundred people enjoyed a street party following the Caribbean Carnival in Moss Side.

Chief Superintendent Wasim Chaudhry said officers were investigating whether the attack was targeted after being met with scenes of "confusion".

"There was a large crowd of several hundred people still celebrating following the carnival event and a number of these people had received injuries," he told a press conference.

"Ten people were highlighted as having been injured and they were taken to hospital, their ages range from late childhood through to in their 50s.

"The injuries were consistent with pellet injuries, predominantly around the injured parties' legs, which have required hospital treatment...our working premise is that it was a shotgun involved in the incident."

Nobody killed?

cc

Not at the time of that report

I'm sure the intent was to kill

In fact, new Sky headline is https://news.sky.com/story/ten-in-hospital-after-manchester-shooting-11470695">"Manchester shooting was 'attempted multiple murder'"

Police have launched an investigation into "attempted multiple murder" after 10 people were hurt when shots were fired overnight in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Police believe a shotgun was used in the attack, which left victims with predominantly pellet-based leg injuries.

[Not sure why so many  leg injuries - shades of intent to maim?]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not at the time of that report

I'm sure the intent was to kill

In fact, new Sky headline is https://news.sky.com/story/ten-in-hospital-after-manchester-shooting-11470695">"Manchester shooting was 'attempted multiple murder'"

Police have launched an investigation into "attempted multiple murder" after 10 people were hurt when shots were fired overnight in the Moss Side area of Manchester.

Police believe a shotgun was used in the attack, which left victims with predominantly pellet-based leg injuries.

Motive?

cc

No idea so far.

When we are told will of course depend on shooter's motive and group, sigh

May have just been thrill shooter for all the cops claim to know at this time .. last I heard cops said they had no idea who shooter was

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/722810/manchester-moss-side-shooting-england-uk-news">Children as young as 12 were among the 12 people injured in the incident at around 2.30am on Sunday morning, as a crowd of several hundred people enjoyed a street party following the Caribbean Carnival in Moss Side.

I'm just reading about this now cc.

cc

Best I can find is by search is 2 day old "initial' reports  .. No followup reports

Aryan

'Caribbean Carnival' , sounds like more gang violence from those aspiring young rappers.   :001_rolleyes:

Black gangs have turned London and other cities into violent hell holes, another of the numerous joys of mass immigration....

Now, what do you suggest is the answer to deal with this particular problem CC? Give them a hug?  :laugh3:

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"'Caribbean Carnival' , sounds like more gang violence from those aspiring young rappers.   :001_rolleyes:

Black gangs have turned London and other cities into violent hell holes, another of the numerous joys of mass immigration....

Now, what do you suggest is the answer to deal with this particular problem CC? Give them a hug?  :laugh3:

CC doesn't want the third world's problem people does she.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not unless it's hordes of islamics, eh?

Who, besides destructive progs would.

Lance Leftardashian

I care, you pay

cc

Almost right  .. This only happened because someone should have been left out

Gawd lance is a crappy troll

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"

Shotguns are not very effective murder weapons beyond around 20 metres.

One of their characteristics is that if fired into bitumen at an angle of around 20 degrees, the pellets richochet up into the legs of people in the target area. One police technique to disable villains hiding behind cars is to fire shotgun rounds under the car, hitting the offenders legs on the rebound.

Standard shotgun rounds disperse quickly, and their velocity reduces over short distances...over about 20 metres, they are rarely lethal unless loaded with military grade pellets, which are not freely available.