Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

How fast things can change...

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 16, 2018, 07:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Just heard another emergency vehicle passing by with sirens on.  This seems to be common here now, day or night.  When I was a kid here, you'd hardly ever hear sirens.  Night was quiet, and you'd usually just hear the train horns, but they weren't bad as the crossings were miles away.

The night sky was still dark enough to see tons of stars...  Now light pollution has reduced that.

The highways were dead at night...  Now they're bumper to bumper almost 24/7.

And there were NO homeless around.  Well, not around here anyhow.  Not sure where they used to live back in tha day, but it wasn't here!

I will say that it's nice to have stores all within a few minutes drive, and there's even a few stores here within walking distance...  The convenience of this is nice, but I'm not sure this makes up for the way things used to be here.  However, if a guy lost his licence for whatever reason, the essentials are all within walking distance here now!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Just heard another emergency vehicle passing by with sirens on.  This seems to be common here now, day or night.  When I was a kid here, you'd hardly ever hear sirens.  Night was quiet, and you'd usually just hear the train horns, but they weren't bad as the crossings were miles away.

The night sky was still dark enough to see tons of stars...  Now light pollution has reduced that.

And there were NO homeless around.  Well, not around here anyhow.  Not sure where they used to live back in tha day, but it wasn't here!

I will say that it's nice to have stores all within a few minutes drive, and there's even a few stores here within walking distance...  The convenience of this is nice, but I'm not sure this makes up for the way things used to be here.  However, if a guy lost his licence for whatever reason, the essentials are all within walking distance here now!

They all come with growth.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Just heard another emergency vehicle passing by with sirens on.  This seems to be common here now, day or night.  When I was a kid here, you'd hardly ever hear sirens.  Night was quiet, and you'd usually just hear the train horns, but they weren't bad as the crossings were miles away.

You live in the metro region of a major city. It was inevitable.

Anonymous

I live in Barrie, Ontario. The population of this city has quadrupled over the last thirty five years.

Berry Sweet

Berry Sweet

20 years ago it was a lot of Bush and quiet...now it's high rises and people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"My street is constant sirens.

I live inside the city limits of Calgary in the North West..

But, it's still single family, owner occupied  dwellings for now at least.