The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

You can't even Be Neutral Anymore--EPSN reporter Rips Tiger Woods for Not Taking Sides Against Trump

Started by Wazzzup, August 28, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Summary-A reporter asked Woods what he thought of Donald trump, in short Woods said he respected the office of president no matter who the occupant (not surprising as I believe Woods has golfed with Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton) Basically woods tried to stay neutral in spite of the racially loaded question.  Well, this didn't sit well with Max Kellerman of EPSN sports network, who said he was "angered by it" and called it "stupid" among other things....

here is the youtube version of the story--

">

Here as a written version--

ESPN's Max Kellerman said Monday on "First Take" that Tiger Woods' response to questions about President Trump made him "angry."

Woods was asked after the final round of The Northern Trust on Sunday about his relationship with Trump and he urged people to respect the office of the president.

"He's the president of the United States. You have to respect the office. No matter who is in the office, you may like, dislike personality or the politics, but we all must respect the office," he said.

Kellerman blasted Woods' remarks, saying it was a "thoughtless statement dressed up as a thoughtful statement."

"And it either holds in contempt the intelligence of people who hear it or else it's just a stupid thing to say. ... To say you must have respect for the office — Tiger, be clear. Are you saying that the office, therefore, confers respect onto its present temporary occupant? No. Having respect for the office means principally, in my view, is the office holder should have respect for the office," he said.

The co-host continued: "We are held to a standard of behavior, we at our jobs, right, people in their daily lives. The president, if anything, is held to a higher standard of behavior. It is not such that we have such great respect for the office that no matter what the behavior of its occupant, we must respect the occupant because of the office. No. Tiger Woods ... is being slick. We must respect the office therefore that confers respect to the occupant. Tiger, is that is what you are saying? If that is what you are saying, that is a stupid comment."

Trump and Woods have been golfing partners for years and have remained in touch since Trump took office.

"Well, I've known Donald for a number of years," Woods said. "We've played golf together. We've had dinner together. I've known him pre-presidency and obviously during his presidency."

The golf star was then asked to comment about race relations in the country, which he declined to do.

"No. I just finished 72 holes and (am) really hungry," Woods said and moved on to questions that were relevant to his performance at the tournament that day.

This wasn't the first time that ESPN has been caught in the middle of political opinions offered by liberal hosts and anchors.  (see article for list)[/quote]

To paraphrase a cartoon

https://imgbb.com/">

cc

Ya, saw this. And he didn't even say anything in T's favor .... Had he done so he's have been lynched

Well ... he was figuratively for saying absolutely nothing about T himself.... in fact his words indicate he does not like him .. or he was just being cautious knowing how badly he would have been attacked if he said something good about him / knowing how the world is today

The entire Western society  .. US, here in Canada, EU have become this bad to the point of having no redemption.

This is just another example of the power media of all types  has and how it is abusing its power with no way to stop it

And this is supposedly a network for sports FFS, yet even it has become one of worse for attacking anyone who doesn't follow the ordained political and societal dogma

This dogma is not in the process of taking over and controlling everyone's speech and thought, it has already done it .. it's already mission accomplished

I no longer like the society I'm stuck in today .. Worse, it's never going to get better .. only worse in future

We are now back to about December 1983 and soon will be stuck forever in 1984.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

JOE

Tiger Woods as a 2 year old golf prodigy demonstrated tremendous potential at a very early age:

">

Anonymous