Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ATTN: CC RE: Prefilter

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 26, 2018, 05:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Since you have a similar air purifier as do I, I wanted to give you a heads up...

My pre-filter needed replacement (check light came on, and the pre-filter upon inspection had done its job).  Busted out the genuine replacement Honeywell pre-filter out of the box, and immediately noticed that this piece of shit is something that you don't want to cut & install as a replacement.

Hold it up to a light...  The fucking replacement is totally different from the pre-filter that comes with the unit.  The replacement has more holes in it than *insert name and joke here*.  I could almost use the fucking thing to screen gravel for commercial sales, and I'm not joking.  It went straight into the trash.

Attempting to use their replacement pre-filters will only do one thing...  Plug the expensive HEPA filters that reside behind it quickly (no doubt this is planned $$$).

I already had the solution on-hand, since I've pre-filtered my portable A/C unit for years.  I think it's called a "Duststop" brand generic filter, which you can buy at any Canadian Tire or Home Depot.  It's in the furnace filter isle, a folded sheet in smaller plastic packaging, and is made in Canada.  It's cheap, like $3.00 for the package or something like that.  It is FAR superior to the Honeywell replacement.  In fact, it is very similar to the pre-filter that originally comes with the units, except it is white in colour and isn't charcoal treated.

Just something I've found!  Take it as you will...

cc

Not sure about configuration as we have done nothing to them since purchase. I'll check mine out. Thanks

Main one is the 300 model I believe - Other is smaller and not sure of model at this moment
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Chuck Bronson

The same applies to yours as it does mine.  Just giving you a heads up.

Berry Sweet

You can finally sleep tonight CC!!

Mel has saved the day!