Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Annie Get Your Gun!

Started by Chuck Bronson, September 01, 2018, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I generally do address issues. It's your accusations which I tend to dismiss and particularly when an issue is being discussed by us and you revert to accusations followed by demands that I must prove them wrong instead of you proving them right.

Your approach might have yielded you results in your prior occupation but it doesn't work on me. I've recognized from the start that you throw out troll bait then hope you can get me talking in way you can construct the narrative you desire.

When all else fails, you accuse me of trolling.

You're not winning any points on the debate board.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Ask a simple question...get a deflection every time.

C'mon boy...stand up like a man.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I generally do address issues. It's your accusations which I tend to dismiss and particularly when an issue is being discussed by us and you revert to accusations followed by demands that I must prove them wrong instead of you proving them right.

Your approach might have yielded you results in your prior occupation but it doesn't work on me. I've recognized from the start that you throw out troll bait then hope you can get me talking in way you can construct the narrative you desire.

When all else fails, you accuse me of trolling.

You're not winning any points on the debate board.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Ask a simple question...get a deflection every time.

C'mon boy...stand up like a man.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Killing animals is for eating. Not for shits and giggles.

Most hunters don't enjoy the killing. They enjoy the rest.

I have never enjoyed pulling the trigger. It's a responsibility though.

But there's a supermarket where you can buy your meat without going through all the trouble to shoot and kill, unless you're like Herman that is looking for a specific kind of meat unavailable from teh local farmers, I'm still against hunting as a sport.

Have you tried wild game?

There is no comparison to mass produced livestock.

Hmm I never really tried wild game, but usually we get our meat from my brother's judo dojo.  2 of my brother's senior practitioners each opens a meat shop, one specialize in beef and the other in pork.  Occasionally they sell us the best quality beef that make us never want to go to a steak house again, lol.

Somebody has to kill and butcher it.

I have butchered what I killed, then ate it. It tastes better and tastes better that way.

I can understand what you're saying Dinky, I find it more humane to hunt an animal for food like Herman had said, but buying your meat from the market instead of seeking the enjoyment from killing is the more mentally or morally healthy way to go unless getting your own type of meat is the only option.  I believe the only time I'll ever hunt or go fishing is when the society collapses or there's a huge food supply shortage.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker

Chuck Bronson

My stepfather was an occasion hunter.  It's actually a lot of work!

My mother ended up getting tired of seeing deer hanging from the carport ceiling, and eventually implemented a 'no more dead animals hanging in the yard' policy, effectively ending that!   :laugh:

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Killing animals is for eating. Not for shits and giggles.

Most hunters don't enjoy the killing. They enjoy the rest.

I have never enjoyed pulling the trigger. It's a responsibility though.

But there's a supermarket where you can buy your meat without going through all the trouble to shoot and kill, unless you're like Herman that is looking for a specific kind of meat unavailable from teh local farmers, I'm still against hunting as a sport.

Have you tried wild game?

There is no comparison to mass produced livestock.

Hmm I never really tried wild game, but usually we get our meat from my brother's judo dojo.  2 of my brother's senior practitioners each opens a meat shop, one specialize in beef and the other in pork.  Occasionally they sell us the best quality beef that make us never want to go to a steak house again, lol.

Somebody has to kill and butcher it.

I have butchered what I killed, then ate it. It tastes better and tastes better that way.

I can understand what you're saying Dinky, I find it more humane to hunt an animal for food like Herman had said, but buying your meat from the market instead of seeking the enjoyment from killing is the more mentally or morally healthy way to go unless getting your own type of meat is the only option.  I believe the only time I'll ever hunt or go fishing is when the society collapses or there's a huge food supply shortage.  ac_unsure

Fair enough. We can see things differently.
Blahhhhhh...