Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Active Shooter: America Under Fire

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 06, 2018, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

Light birdshot loads should be perfect for that type of pest control!

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Light birdshot loads should be perfect for that type of pest control!

Ideally with a cylinder choke but you use what you have and get up closer if you must. And two quick rounds just in case you nick it and it thinks you're less dangerous than the dog.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Light birdshot loads should be perfect for that type of pest control!

Snakes are tough. Need a heavier load than birdshot to be sure.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Or multiple rounds with safe shots when the dog and snake are hyper triggered, which is precarious.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Perhaps. I've only ever used military rounds in a pump action.

One round suffices as a rule.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Perhaps. I've only ever used military rounds in a pump action.

One round suffices as a rule.

Pump, semi, or double, the problem with snakes as well as dogs in that scenario is that the snakes are lightning quick lunging and dogs are prone to going in for the kill when their instincts say so, and dogs don't get bred for bush smarts these days bar pig dogs and pit fighters.

It's not likely that buckshot will always stop a snake or even birdshot. They're too quick and have a lower profile. It's a roll of the dice. That's why two shots of whatever you have in short burst gets the job done and saves the pet, unless the pet lunges on the second. It's a calculated risk, so I'm told. Nobody wants to kill anything in that scenario, snake included. They just want both to keep living.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

The best action still remains; grab the mutt if you can and GTFO.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I have never shot a reptile, so I wouldn't know.

Bricktop

Not an easy thing to do. A samurai sword would be a better option if you happen to have one handy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Not an easy thing to do. A samurai sword would be a better option if you happen to have one handy.

Every woman in Australia carries one in her purse.

:laugh:

cc

Ya, and not just for horizontal snakes  ac_biggrin
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Ya, and not just for horizontal snakes  ac_biggrin

They can be the most lethal kind.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"LADIES!!!

Please... ac_blush

:laugh:

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.