Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Donkey Kong Country on Super Nintendo

Started by Berry Sweet, September 08, 2018, 03:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

I'm playing it right now!

I cant find my Mario cart...I need to buy it...and a spare controller...a long with street fighter 2.

Bricktop

Zetsu

Old school games are still amongst my favorites,  ac_cool  tried out Mario cart on my Nintendo switch but it's just isn't the same enjoyment as I once had on my SNES.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Old school games are still amongst my favorites,  ac_cool  tried out Mario cart on my Nintendo switch but it's just isn't the same enjoyment as I once had on my SNES.

I'm surprised you like older games Zetsu.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm playing it right now!

I cant find my Mario cart...I need to buy it...and a spare controller...a long with street fighter 2.

I would not have guessed that Berry.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm playing it right now!

I would not have guessed that Berry.

I know rite.  I'm not a gamer.  I dont play console games.  Only cause I moved and I came across my SNES.  The only other game I play is Hay Day....I'm on level 95...but I've been playing for 5 years.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Old school games are still amongst my favorites,  ac_cool  tried out Mario cart on my Nintendo switch but it's just isn't the same enjoyment as I once had on my SNES.

It's mainly b/c I grew up playing those games  ac_cool , though most kids these days would prefer newer games but you can tell old games still have a lot of quality, effort and gameplay design put into it or at least for its time.  While the newer ones are most likely a replica of the first gen with some new ideas and better graphics, kinda like the movie industry, lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

It's mainly b/c I grew up playing those games  ac_cool , though most kids these days would prefer newer games but you can tell old games still have a lot of quality, effort and gameplay design put into it or at least for its time.  While the newer ones are most likely a replica of the first gen with some new ideas and better graphics, kinda like the movie industry, lol.

How often do you dust off the old games and play them?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"

Sadly I gave away my SNES after I moved, but occasionally I still play a few old MMO or strategy games dating back between 1996-1999, one of my all time favorites is StarCraft and EverQuest.  ac_cool

Chuck Bronson

I want the NES Classic.  This fucking thing has not been stocked properly since its inception.

Online search states the EB Games in White Rock has one in stock.  

Will phone them now...

Chuck Bronson

Ok.  They have them at White Rock!

CC, I'm comin' into yo' town this afternoon!

Wanted a NES Classic for some time...

Anonymous

Sadly I gave away my SNES after I moved, but occasionally I still play a few old MMO or strategy games dating back between 1996-1999, one of my all time favorites is StarCraft and EverQuest.  ac_cool

My kid brother plays Starcraft. He still likes the old ones too.

Zetsu

My kid brother plays Starcraft. He still likes the old ones too.

SC was an awesome game  ac_cool it's just sad the gaming industry have been declining in terms of lacking new ideas for the past decade, now it's just all about everyone copying other ppl's gameplay design.  ac_unsure

Bricktop

SC was an awesome game  ac_cool it's just sad the gaming industry have been declining in terms of lacking new ideas for the past decade, now it's just all about everyone copying other ppl's gameplay design.  ac_unsure

:thumbup:

They're all trying to create movie franchises in lieu of actual gaming.

There's been nothing new for YEARS.

Berry Sweet

Well...we went to Langley today...checked out the mall and then willow video (which mel pointed out)..I did pick up a spare controller, which works...they did not have Mario Cart...so I bought super Mario world ($19.99) and street fighter 2 ($13.99)...I am disappointed as both games do NOT work at all....I was kinda wondering cause I read the reviews on the store and a few people complained about games not working.  I will have to go back and return them....I want my money back...I was wondering why the games were so cheap?

Anyhoo....I decided to stop at a used video place in poco...they had mario cart!  I bought it at $70.  But at least it works!  I'm going to go back to that place in poco...they have everything!

The kid is all over the twoonie machines with the Simons characters.  She was disappointed when both the games didn't work...so am I :(  the store in poco had super Mario world to play and she loved it.   They also had tge game there but at a higher price.

At least I got my Mario cart...but I'm not impressed by the fact they are selling old school games they know that dont work....

...to top it off the guy who was helping me behind the counter kept smiling at me and giving me this creepy eyeball look...It was making me wonder if it was Mel?