News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I been getting cramps all over my body....

Started by Berry Sweet, September 12, 2018, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Eating bananas helps with cramps.  Potassium prevents them. Also drink plenty of water, dehydration can cause cramping.

I've heard of this before...or even chocolate milk.

Be careful with that...the average woman over the age of 14 needs 4,700 milligrams of potassium daily...If you eat a balanced diet you should have no problem maintaining your potassium levels. A half cup of dried apricots gives you over 1,000 milligrams of potassium alone, a banana over 400... a medium baked potato over 600, 3 oz of salmon...over 300, etc.

Trying to regulate your potassium without first having a blood test to get a benchmark of you potassium levels can make the situation worse. While it is true that low potassium levels can cause muscle cramping, over loading on potassium rich foods can cause muscle cramps as well, and it doesn't take much. An overload of potassium in your system is called "hyperkalemia" and can cause extremely painfully cramping and in some very extreme cases (mostly in the elderly), it can cause or aggravate renal failure. My advice is to drink lots of water and make sure it's comming out as well (fluid retention can cause muscle cramps) and stretch as much as possible.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Ed has reported on Berry's discomfort over on VF...... We might aswell just merge the 2 boards together.  :laugh3:

I saw what he's been posting about us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Ed has reported on Berry's discomfort over on VF...... We might aswell just merge the 2 boards together.  :laugh3:

That Edward guy is a weird little shit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

That Edward guy is a weird little shit.

He's amusing himself, that's all.

Aryan

I love ripping Ed, it's so therapeutic... the only trouble is Semen gets jealous and sends me threatening pm's if I focus too much attention on other people.  ac_wot

Aryan

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Eating bananas helps with cramps.  Potassium prevents them. Also drink plenty of water, dehydration can cause cramping.

Be careful with that...the average woman over the age of 14 needs 4,700 milligrams of potassium daily...If you eat a balanced diet you should have no problem maintaining your potassium levels. A half cup of dried apricots gives you over 1,000 milligrams of potassium alone, a banana over 400... a medium baked potato over 600, 3 oz of salmon...over 300, etc.

Trying to regulate your potassium without first having a blood test to get a benchmark of you potassium levels can make the situation worse. While it is true that low potassium levels can cause muscle cramping, over loading on potassium rich foods can cause muscle cramps as well, and it doesn't take much. An overload of potassium in your system is called "hyperkalemia" and can cause extremely painfully cramping and in some very extreme cases (mostly in the elderly), it can cause or aggravate renal failure. My advice is to drink lots of water and make sure it's comming out as well (fluid retention can cause muscle cramps) and stretch as much as possible.

Sound copy n pasta advice coming from someone who's 5 or 6 stone overweight.  :crazy:

Bricktop

Dietary advice from the whorepig is like asking a muslim for marriage counselling.

Aryan

Sorry, but I'm offended by that Islamophobic remark!

Berry Sweet

Anyway....I went to the ER last night.  Mostly because of my left arm.  I just became very worried.  Got blood test, EKG and an xray...doc says I'm healthy...nothing wrong with my heart or arteries....says I most likely pulled a muscle and its affecting my arm....but they're gonna call me and do a check up with a cardiologist to be sure.  I've been told to slow down on the lifting.

At least I'm healthy and nothing is wrong.

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Sorry, but I'm offended by that Islamophobic remark!

Oy vay!! Here, have a white bagel.

Chuck Bronson

When you start to get old, muscles can get a little sore and cramped for no reason.  I notice this especially with my job, where I often have to sit for prolonged periods.

That's why I LOVE to stretch out every muscle and tendon in my body.  It's BEAUTIFUL when I can get some of 'em to snap, crackle & pop.  Feels so good.

I certainly do feel better after some occasional physical labour, so this alone shows me the importance of an exercise routine, which I think becomes more important as one ages...

Berry Sweet

I use to stretch and pump the iron...but I stopped...I have to get back on it again...I dont get a chance to sit around often...I'm generally always doing something...sometimes I get to sit for a bit at work.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Anyway....I went to the ER last night.  Mostly because of my left arm.  I just became very worried.  Got blood test, EKG and an xray...doc says I'm healthy...nothing wrong with my heart or arteries....says I most likely pulled a muscle and its affecting my arm....but they're gonna call me and do a check up with a cardiologist to be sure.  I've been told to slow down on the lifting.

At least I'm healthy and nothing is wrong.

:ohmy:

Renee

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

Sound copy n pasta advice coming from someone who's 5 or 6 stone overweight.  :crazy:

No doubt it would seem that way to an uneducated, monosyllabic, little plebe, whose sorry ass can barely identify the primary colors.

Sorry about disparaging your education or lack thereof, I'm simply not feeling very "magnanimous" toward idiots today.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Aryan

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

No doubt it would seem that way to an uneducated, monosyllabic, little plebe, whose sorry ass can barely identify the primary colors.

Sorry about disparaging your education or lack thereof, I'm simply not feeling very "magnanimous" toward idiots today.

If you spent as much time exercising as you do being an unpleasant, pseudointellectual online you'd be fucking anorexic.

My point still stands by the way, morbidly obese fatties giving dietary advice, priceless....  ac_lmfao