News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8488
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:56:20 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Sell my condo and buy this (equal price)...

Started by Chuck Bronson, September 15, 2018, 03:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Bronson

BC is a rugged place.  Compared to Fash's Province (which gets almost full cell coverage), most of BC does not have cell service due to rugged geography and population numbers.

Make sure you have a satellite phone if ya wanna get yer bush on!  And get a powerful rifle also...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q1e04p.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
Quote from: "FilthyUncle"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
If you buy the land perhaps we could work out a special rate for us to camp on your property.

:laugh:

I'd be more than happy to accommodate!  Unfortunately access to this land is only by a couple of overgrown logging roads, so I'd have to rent a Dozer and do some land clearing for proper access...

This is truly land for people that want to 'live off the grid,' even though it's close to a town.

To be honest, I like running water in my taps, a flushable toilet, and internetz access...  Would be fairly costly to build home and have proper services installed.  

Might be best for me to find land with home and services already up and running...

Circumventing a ban with an alt is against the rules...toodles

Come on man this isn't the USSR, Dilf hasn't attempted to post on here in over 6 months, surely there is no need for such heavy-handed moderating?

You're right, let the harmless troll post.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I could never live in a city.

Awful places.

You live in a city comparable in size to Calgary.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I too thought about buying land like this, but the question is will you be able to get a good ROI in the future.  A home isn't only a home, but also a great way to guarantee you're retirement.

This land is out of ALR, which means it is sub-dividable!

At first I thought it's only meant for farms, but still I'd be careful about trading your home for a land in the wilderness, it might be a point of no return if you sell your home too early.  ac_unsure
Permanently off his rocker

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Zetsu"At first I thought it's only meant for farms, but still I'd be careful about trading your home for a land in the wilderness, it might be a point of no return if you sell your home too early.  ac_unsure

Tempting at first, but no services.  This truly is wild bushland, even though it is relatively close to a town.

I might pass on something like this, as it wouldn't quite suit my needs for now, but I can see a future investment return on this land, since it is out of ALR, and owner can subdivide it at will...

Would be a hunters paradise though!  ...but I'm not into hunting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"BC is a rugged place.  Compared to Fash's Province (which gets almost full cell coverage), most of BC does not have cell service due to rugged geography and population numbers.

Make sure you have a satellite phone if ya wanna get yer bush on!  And get a powerful rifle also...

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q1e04p.png">

Even a lot of areas in the South you can't get bars.