Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Do you believe in god?

Started by UncleDilf, September 21, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "UncleDilf"There is a new filth and cockroach in our society: Atheism

These hipsters running around with no morals or leaders, trolling around.

A laugh riot.

Any good Christians here?

I believe in Jesus Christ and read the bible daily. It is my daily driver.

Do you guys believe in god?

https://www.osv.com/Portals/4/EasyDNNnews/21306/2130620161207T1501-6675-CNS-VATICAN-PRIESTLY-FORMATION.jpg">

Jeminus Pacem

https://www.archtoronto.org/PublishingImages/bishop-kasun.jpg">

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Pope_Francis_ordains_10_men_to_the_priesthood_May_7_2017_Credit_Daniel_Ibez_CNA.jpg?w=760">

Not sure.

However, atheism when taken to its logical extreme led to some very horrific results.

An extreme belief in social Darwinism led to catastrophes like world wars, mass slaughters by communist & fascist dictatorships & carnivorous capitalism  in the last centuries. Hitler, Tojo, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot.

Seems When one doesn't believe in anything, they don't believe in human life either.

People have to be careful about taking anything to a logical extreme

Its not worth it.

There are limits to science.

It doesn't have an answer or a solution for everything.

Blurt

I've heard this argument before from people who are unable to think clearly, that atheism = "not believing in anything." This is patently false. Atheism is the lack of belief in traditional conceptions of God.

Morality is not exclusively religious in nature. Often, quite the contrary is true: a greater number of abhorrent deeds have been committed in the name of religion or God than have ever been commited by secular agencies.

I find it telling, also, that those who would ask me if I believe in God are usually unable to provide me with a definition of "God" worth believing in. They fall back on the mythologies of their creed for an answer or on unquestioned dogmas for certainties but cannot ever convince me that belief in things unseen is an appropriate use of our natural faculties.

I'm an atheist. I do not believe in God.

I believe Joe is a nincompoop, though.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I've heard this argument before from people who are unable to think clearly, that atheism = "not believing in anything." This is patently false. Atheism is the lack of belief in traditional conceptions of God.

Morality is not exclusively religious in nature. Often, quite the contrary is true: a greater number of abhorrent deeds have been committed in the name of religion or God than have ever been commited by secular agencies.

I find it telling, also, that those who would ask me if I believe in God are usually unable to provide me with a definition of "God" worth believing in. They fall back on the mythologies of their creed for an answer or on unquestioned dogmas for certainties but cannot ever convince me that belief in things unseen is an appropriate use of our natural faculties.

I've heard people make this argument many times..

So called religion was and is a product of the society at any given time..

Slavery was accepted by the church and secular society at one time and today same sex marriage is has near universal acceptance..

The church has an influence on society, but society has a bigger influence on the church.

Blurt

Quote from: "Fashionista"So called religion was and is a product of the society at any given time.

Hence my atheism.

Supernatural entities were posited at a time in our cultural development when natural phenomena were poorly understood.

I wouldn't have a problem, Fash, with what you like to call "so called religion" if it didn't interfere with our further cultural development. For instance, by not trying to control the content of academic textbooks or by not inflaming the passion of mindless zealots who then fly planes into buildings for the greater glory of a God we are forever exhorted to believe in.

Religion is dangerous.

God is dangerous.

No, I don't believe in God.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

Blurt

Nope.

But you would if she sent you a flattering PM. :-)
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Hah!!!

If god was a woman, you'd believe in HER!!!

I believe Blurt prefers God to be trans or non-binary.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blurt"I've heard this argument before from people who are unable to think clearly, that atheism = "not believing in anything." This is patently false. Atheism is the lack of belief in traditional conceptions of God.

Slavery was accepted by the church and secular society at one time and today same sex marriage is has near universal acceptance..

The church has an influence on society, but society has a bigger influence on the church.

Probably the church you attend, but mainstream churches look at a windsock. They change with the times. They probably pretty fake Christians anyway.

Islam, on the hand is not a religion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL2018"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Hah!!!

If god was a woman, you'd believe in HER!!!

I believe Blurt prefers God to be trans or non-binary.

Why do you believe that RDL?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blurt"I'm an atheist. I do not believe in God.

As am I.

Some people still claim 'spiritual' beliefs, but they are actually Agnostics.

Atheism is frowned upon by almost every religion in existence...  I was once told that Muslims view Jews in higher regard than they do Atheists, so I KNOW I'm doing my job well!   :laugh:

I often don't discuss religion, as I try to respect the choices that others make.  If their choices do NOT affect others, I have no fight with them.  Religious threads being one of those subjects that will always end with, if left to run their course, just like this:  "It DOESN'T exist.  You are wrong!  "He DOES exist, I am right!"  "Show me proof he EXISTS!"  "SHOW me proof he does NOT exist!"

And on and on and on...

The best belief system to encompass is the one where you try to be a good person, and then you won't need a 'backup plan' from ANY belief system you may have, to 'forgive your sins'...

That said, I see some local Christian Churches let out (I was baptised as Lutheran, but that means nothing to me), and I see some DAMN FINE ladies!  I'm talking 'bout blonde/blue Whiteness, and some legs that the local Churches should CLEARLY tell them to cover up a little better with longer dresses...  Short dresses give me impure thoughts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Blurt"I'm an atheist. I do not believe in God.

As am I.

Some people still claim 'spiritual' beliefs, but they are actually Agnostics.

Atheism is frowned upon by almost every religion in existence...  I was once told that Muslims view Jews in higher regard than they do Atheists, so I KNOW I'm doing my job well!   :laugh:

I often don't discuss religion, as I try to respect the choices that others make.  If their choices do NOT affect others, I have no fight with them.  Religious threads being one of those subjects that will always end with, if left to run their course, just like this:  "It DOESN'T exist.  You are wrong!  "He DOES exist, I am right!"  "Show me proof he EXISTS!"  "SHOW me proof he does NOT exist!"

And on and on and on...

The best belief system to encompass is the one where you try to be a good person, and then you won't need a 'backup plan' from ANY belief system you may have, to 'forgive your sins'...

That said, I see some local Christian Churches let out (I was baptised as Lutheran, but that means nothing to me), and I see some DAMN FINE ladies!  I'm talking 'bout blonde/blue Whiteness, and some legs that the local Churches should CLEARLY tell them to cover up a little better with longer dresses...  Short dresses give me impure thoughts.

You would be disappointed where we fellowship.....very multicultural like the city itself.

cc

Quote I see some local Christian Churches let out (I was baptised as Lutheran, but that means nothing to me), and I see some DAMN FINE ladies! I'm talking 'bout blonde/blue Whiteness, and some legs that the local Churches should CLEARLY tell them to cover up a little better with longer dresses... Short dresses give me impure thoughts.

We get the picture. Same routine every Sunday. No Saturday night date. Throw cold water on your face in the morning. Put dressing gown on.  Parking / lurking directly across the street from church doors.

I'm guessin you know the exit time for each church in your area and make the rounds.

And don't feel obligated to provide more. We don't need to know the specifics of what you are doing in the mousetang
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Chuck Bronson

There's tons of Churches all around here.  I've noticed these Churches are typically not very 'multicultural,' since whitey goes to white people church, and chinese go to chinese people church.

I should really go to church.  There's a good chance I could meet a fine looking blonde.  I'll just pretend to be a good Christian.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"

While atrocities & mass slaughter occurred throughout human history, the key difference between pre and post darwin thought was the totality which social darwinism took over to the extent that it coldly & completely dehumanized our world.

While religion wasnt perfect, at least it recognized the human attributes of 'inferior ' races. Early Europeans may have wiped out millions of Native Americans but at least there was still a belief from higher ups in the Church that aboriginal peoples were human, they had souls and they could be 'saved'. So while horrible things were done to them, at least they were not entirely wiped out.

And Christianity did play a major role in the abolition of slavery in the United States following the US Civil War.

However after the introduction of Darwin's theory of Natural Selection, it was used to completely dehumanize other races and wipe them out. After all, since there's no God & they are just animals, why not just wipe them all out? Don't even bother to save any or spare them since they are not gods children and they are subhuman. Ie, the European colonization of Africa & Hitler's extermination of Jews with the aim of killing them all. Or Communist Russia's view that it was OK to kill millions of their own people, or Mao's social darwinist influenced view as well as Pol Pot's in Cambodia that it was also acceptable to wipe out millions of their own nation.

Both fascism & communism were derived from social darwinism. Unbridled capitalism as weel.

Anyways heres a video clip on the origins of social darwinism and how Darwin himself was influenced by darker thoughts due to personal tragedies in his own life. Darwin lost a child or too & he thought it was an indicator how life wasnt fair & that it was Nature not God which determined the irder of things.

">

But his own tragedies would become those of millions in the 20th century and in ours as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview