Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Do you believe in god?

Started by UncleDilf, September 21, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "caskur"The Bible says

Yes, and that's the problem right there.

The rest of that sentence is the history of violent religious warfare and genocide.

LOL... if there was no religion, there would still be warfare and genocide...

don't fool yourself...

men LOVE WAR and LOVE KILLING.

Men have always loved war, tribalism and defeating opponents more than they love God.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The rest of that sentence is the history of violent religious warfare and genocide.

don't fool yourself...

Men have always loved war, tribalism and defeating opponents more than they love God.

But don't forget you two.

Men also love sex & women too.

With regards to the latter, it is accompanied with pangs of lust as well. :wink:

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"don't fool yourself...

Says the person who believes a man can walk on water and that the dead can be raised.

Well the dead are awaiting resurrection it really doesn't matter if you believe or not.

Many are called, few are chosen... you haven't been chosen... don't stress the small stuff.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

don't fool yourself...

But don't forget you two.

Men also love sex & women too.

With regards to the latter, it is accompanied with pangs of lust as well. :wink:

My grandfather told his daughter (my mother) men only think of two things, the guts in front of them and the thing that hangs from it.

I think that's is probably true....  :icon_wink:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"My grandfather told his daughter (my mother) men only think of two things, the guts in front of them and the thing that hangs from it.

This statement is about as true as claiming that the only place for women is in the kitchen doing the dishes!

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"My grandfather told his daughter (my mother) men only think of two things, the guts in front of them and the thing that hangs from it.

This statement is about as true as claiming that the only place for women is in the kitchen doing the dishes!

caskur

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"

Well my grandfather was in his bakery baking the community's bread.

I believe my grandfather...

You have other thoughts besides your gut and willy?

I commend you son.
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"The Guardian?

Seriously?

Allow me to rebut with an equally authoritative source; https://dailycaller.com/2016/09/29/cultural-marxism-is-destroying-america/">//https://dailycaller.com/2016/09/29/cultural-marxism-is-destroying-america/.

Sorry, Leo, but I removed the self-aggrandizing fodder from your post, for clarity's and brevity's sake. I mean no offence.

Rebutting an article written by a columnist for an independent newspaper with alt-right hysterics penned by an anonymous Neo-Nazi living under Tucker Carlson's online roof is nowhere near "equally authoritative," Leo. Moses went up to the Mountain (of Bullshit), The Daily Caller, when his articles were "de-published" from The Spectator upon discovery of the author's ties to anti-semitic conspiracy theories and white supremacy groups.

It may be that you're not Joe, but that remains to be seen. I'll be convinced when you stop using Joe-like tactics in an argument.

And, should you care to rebut the actual points made in the article I linked to, rather than resort to ad hominems meant to conceal the fact that you have no solid ground to stand on, I'll join you in the debate. In the meantime, I'll make myself a cuppa and go read something interesting.

Dear boy...I have neither desire nor intent to rebut the ramblings of a "columnist" for a LEFTIST propaganda rag than I have to discuss post natal depression with Joe.

I care not a whit what "columnists" or "journalists" say, and I'm surprised that you do. They are scribes doing what they are paid to do; make money for the owners of their particular bullshit delivery system. Journalists opinions are worth less than the paper they are printed on, because unlike you and I who thrust and parry for the joy of a cerebral slugfest, journalists are in it for the money. They no longer report news; they try to BE the news.

If you rely on a "columnist" to form your beliefs, then it is a sad deterioration from the contentious controverter of days passed. Getting sedate in your dotage, old chap?

By all means, weild your sagacious sword through the auspices of objective and erudite academics, but bother me not with the subjective ruminations of prejudice and subversion.

And comparing me to Joe is spite for it's own sake. Are we reverting to times past, when our words were heated and filled with malice?

Or, in bloviation-free terms, "Feck off, mate."  :laugh:

Nah, Leo. Unbelievable as it may sound, I don't miss the good old days. I derived no pleasure from smashing you to a pulp.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

JOE

Blurt, I never denied that the Church was guilty of abuses.

I think I acknowledged that in my previous post.

What I pointed out is how the use if scientific theories were also used to justify genocide, and in fact these so-called scientists were even worse than the worst religious zealots who came before them. Without any hindrance or guilt that there might be a God those in power went on this extermination ramapage the likes the world had never seen before. And it wasnt just humans, but our environment and other animal species too. Thats a large reason why not just the human world is a mess but the natural world these self annointed social scientists have destroyed as well.

As for yourself, social systems influenced by Darwin were devised in the last century to place members of LGBTQ community and wipe them out. Thats what Hitler did. Along with Jews and gypsies he forced many in your community to wear a triangle, only it was pink, where they were placed in concentration camps to be gassed or starved to death.

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/images/large/3ffc789f-80ad-4288-a0d9-d8e3373bda4b.jpg">

So you perhaps more than anyone here, should pay hommage and respect to those who fought & died in the previous world war to preserve your right merely to exist, ifya know what I mean Blurt. You should be marching in every Remembrance Day parade along with our remaining Vets to show you appreciation for their sacrifice, fighting against an ideology which distorted yet utilized the theory of Darwin to exterminate your kind, Blurt.

Quote from: "Blurt"Joe,

As usual, you're talking right through your toupee.

The Church condoned and encouraged the subjugation and cultural genocide of "savage peoples" as well as the appropriation of their lands because it was politically expedient for it to do so. It's also for this reason the Vatican had no qualms in helping the Nazis rid the world of what it deemed "Christ-killers."

It took the ascendancy of a social-scientific mindset (from the mid-18th century onward) to bring to light the many fallacies entertained, and injustices perpetrated, by those of a religious bent. Belief in supernatural agencies and reliance upon quaint mythologies took a backseat to reason and observation. This allowed all human beings to be treated as such, contra the dictates of religious authorities.

Your brand of muddle-headed nincompoopery does a disservice to the dissemination of intelligence, reason, and knowledge.

Finally, your reliance on ad hominem arguments in support of your position is a total flame-out. You keep shooting yourself in the foot. If you want to attack Darwin's ideas, attack his ideas; the events in his personal life have no bearing whatsoever on the soundness or validity of his arguments.

As an aside: Darwin's thesis pertained to the survival and distribution of animal species. This whole "Social Darwinism" thing has nothing to do with Natural Selection and even less with Darwin. It's on a par with that other bugbear venerated by the ignorant, so-called "Cultural Marxism."

Get yourself straightened out, Joe. Either become a Roman Catholic, as you've been wanting to do for years now, or don't. Stop talking like a priest masquerading as an idiot.

Bricktop

Nah, Leo. Unbelievable as it may sound, I don't miss the good old days. I derived no pleasure from smashing you to a pulp.

You must have different good old days to me. I'm pretty sure I was the catalyst for you to scarper out of Van.

Blurt

"Pretty sure" won't cut it, though.

However much stating this may wound your ego, there were issues backstage you weren't privy to. The day you actually become an Admin or even a Mod somewhere--anywhere--you'll understand.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Chuck Bronson

Don't feel bad, Blurt.  Evs is almost impossible to work with.

caskur

Fark,.... that Blurt person is very uptight.

Someone fill me in about Blurt...

cliff notes, tyia.
- Andy Warhol

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"Fark,.... that Blurt person is very uptight.

Someone fill me in about Blurt...

cliff notes, tyia.

Blurt is a man in his 50's that is transitioning into a woman.  Right now he still has his penis, but is currently growing his tits out by way of massive hormonal therapy.

While Blurt was always somewhat 'dramatic,' I have concluded that the hormonal therapy is wreaking havok on him as of late.  I am not an expert on man-to-woman hormone treatment, so I do not know if this is just a temporary phase, or will be a more permanent personality adjustment.

That said, Blurt is OK.  Should cut him some slack while he's transitioning.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt""Pretty sure" won't cut it, though.

However much stating this may wound your ego, there were issues backstage you weren't privy to. The day you actually become an Admin or even a Mod somewhere--anywhere--you'll understand.

You'd be surprised what I was privy to, front and back of the stage.

And why do you assume I've been neither mod or Admin, shortpants? You seem to forget that I've walked the walk many years ahead of you.

When you grow up, you'll understand.

:001_tongue:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview