News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

TransLink needs 400 -500 new bus drivers EACH year!

Started by Superchecker, September 28, 2018, 06:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How often are buses disinfected?

Who does it?

My understanding is that buses get swept out every night and thoroughly cleaned 2-4 times each year. They are now being disinfected weekly, by overnight service people.

I also bring disinfectant wipes with me and wipe the steering wheel, door control and door handles every morning.

That isn't enough. Use Methylated spirits on rags.

The buses should be disinfected at least 3 times a day.

In fact, no one should go on a bus. They should be home waiting out the virus to slow down or be eliminated altogether.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Who does it?

My understanding is that buses get swept out every night and thoroughly cleaned 2-4 times each year. They are now being disinfected weekly, by overnight service people.

I also bring disinfectant wipes with me and wipe the steering wheel, door control and door handles every morning.

Weekly? I know that is not your call, but that isn't enough. Should be nightly.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Who does it?

I would assume that TransLink is following health department guidelines...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Who does it?

I would assume that TransLink is following health department guidelines...

I am sure they are. But, is that enough. It's not just your company, I question some stuff I see at CP too.

Anonymous

Do you wear any personal protective equipment like gloves or a mask SC?

Sorry, for all the questions, but you have a dangerous job in this pandemic.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you wear any personal protective equipment like gloves or a mask SC?

I haven't been wearing them. The company was handing out baggies with two gloves and the smallest alcoholic wipe I've ever seen. Got two bags of each in my work bag. And then the union was given 1500 masks too. Got two of them too. The newer buses have a plexiglass shield. I wash my hands every trip.

Ridership is way down. Yesterday my bus only had 15 useable seats. Never had more than ten on the bus at any one time.

Passengers are boarding thru the rear doors.

There are a variety of reasons for being off, but we have between 15 and 20% of drivers off right now. I haven't heard of any drivers having Covid19.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you wear any personal protective equipment like gloves or a mask SC?

I haven't been wearing them. The company was handing out baggies with two gloves and the smallest alcoholic wipe I've ever seen. Got two bags of each in my work bag. And then the union was given 1500 masks too. Got two of them too. The newer buses have a plexiglass shield. I wash my hands every trip.

Ridership is way down. Yesterday my bus only had 15 useable seats. Never had more than ten on the bus at any one time.

Passengers are boarding thru the rear doors.

There are a variety of reasons for being off, but we have between 15 and 20% of drivers off right now. I haven't heard of any drivers having Covid19.

Are those drivers off voluntarily?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Could be off sick, injured, maternity leave, self isolating, vacation, banked overtime, union business, temp promotion, switched depots, leave of absence, retired... Family emergency...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Could be off sick, injured, maternity leave, self isolating, vacation, banked overtime, union business, temp promotion, switched depots, leave of absence, retired... Family emergency...

Many options..

Do you want to take time off Super?

Superchecker

Many options..

I'm fine right now... Had a week off at the beginning of March. Got a week off booked in May, two weeks in September and a week in December. Also got ten random days to take too...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Many options..

I'm fine right now... Had a week off at the beginning of March. Got a week off booked in May, two weeks in September and a week in December. Also got ten random days to take too...

Being exposed to the public is a dangerous job right now SC....be safe.

Superchecker

Quote from: Superchecker post_id=354559 time=1585355478 user_id=101
All new training is on hold as of March 27.

Training resumes June 15; starting right where they left off back in March.

Internal posting looking for more trainees; at this time only existing TransLink employees can apply.

Some of you might find https://buzzer.translink.ca/">https://buzzer.translink.ca/ as informative
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: Superchecker post_id=365311 time=1591652867 user_id=101
Quote from: Superchecker post_id=354559 time=1585355478 user_id=101
All new training is on hold as of March 27.

Training resumes June 15; starting right where they left off back in March.

Internal posting looking for more trainees; at this time only existing TransLink employees can apply.

Some of you might find https://buzzer.translink.ca/">https://buzzer.translink.ca/ as informative

Have laid off drivers been called back Super?

Superchecker

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=365312 time=1591653653 user_id=3254

The lay offs were scheduled to take affect May 18; but around May 10 the provincial government announced emergency funding to eliminate the need for any layoffs...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: Superchecker post_id=365313 time=1591655233 user_id=101
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=365312 time=1591653653 user_id=3254

The lay offs were scheduled to take affect May 18; but around May 10 the provincial government announced emergency funding to eliminate the need for any layoffs...

Hey Stud, how the fuck are ya?