Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Gene Simmons on Donald Trump's presidency

Started by Anonymous, September 29, 2018, 11:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Very pragmatic answers by one of the founders of KISS. :thumbup:

Q:At this point, how do you feel the very polarizing U.S. President Donald Trump is doing in his job?

A lot of people are unhappy, perhaps rightfully so. But the Dow Jones Industrial (Average is) 26,0000 or so, job rates are down to 3.9%, the economy is booming like never before. The rest of it — politics. You like the guy, vote him back in. You don't like guy, just make sure nobody votes him back in. My assessment is very clear, unless he's impeached, if there are no more big wars and if the Dow approaches 29,000, which it may, not only will President Trump be re-elected but it'll be a landslide.

Q:So as long as the economy is booming, Trump is doing his job well?

Not if you have a problem with him socially and politically and stuff like that. But either you approach a country like a business or not because families only care about two things: Is my family safe? Which means war, police, things like that. And can I feed my family? Do I have a job? Am I getting paid well? The rest is politics. If you're going to after President Trump for having an affair, you have to go all the way to George Washington and (Justin) Trudeau's father, everybody. You have to go after men. The tendency to wander.

Bricktop

Well, that's nice...but the meanderings of a bass guitar (not even a real musician) hardly merit reporting in the news.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, that's nice...but the meanderings of a bass guitar (not even a real musician) hardly merit reporting in the news.

But when the celebrity says something against Trump, its totally worth the frontpage..

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Point well made.

I hate it when oddstain makes a good point. acc_angry

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Ya, same here. ac_lmfao

Odinson

Anonymous

At least Gene Simmons was asked about politics..

Too many entertainers think we actually want their opinions without being asked.

Bricktop

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

A broken clock is right twice a day.

More like daylight savings time. Right twice a year.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"if there are no more big wars and if the Dow approaches 29,000, which it may, not only will President Trump be re-elected but it'll be a landslide.

I remember hearing a statistic (can't find it on the web) but since world war 2, every president outside of a time of war with a good economy has been re-elected.  Trump may be the first not to be.  the lying press hates him and are running campaign commercials against him 24/7 and the entertainment industry  all hate him.  That could be difficult to overcome.

Who will win? someone doing an objectively excellent job or lies and deceit  We'll see.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "seoulbro"if there are no more big wars and if the Dow approaches 29,000, which it may, not only will President Trump be re-elected but it'll be a landslide.

I remember hearing a statistic (can't find it on the web) but since world war 2, every president outside of a time of war with a good economy has been re-elected.  Trump may be the first not to be.  the lying press hates him and are running campaign commercials against him 24/7 and the entertainment industry  all hate him.  That could be difficult to overcome.

Who will win? someone doing an objectively excellent job or lies and deceit  We'll see.

These are different times. Progs control everything. Success no longer means much. Rich progs won't accept an elected president who is not one of them.

Bricktop

That may be so, but rich and poor progs have a small complication...they only get one vote, like the rest of us.

They may make a lot of noise, but who really listens?

cc

There are a lot of bonkers / lame minded people out there today ... plus the press works 24/7 to convert and ignite them

So far, the noise is working
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell