Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

2018-2019 Hockey Season

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 30, 2018, 10:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I am so very happy today. My warriors with my president at the White House today.

">

It's refreshing to see no players used this to make some political gesture..

They showed true sportsmanship.

@realAzhyaAryola

That is actually not entirely accurate, Fash. Three Canadian players did not want to attend because of political reasons. I was very disappointed in Braden Holtby, the goal tender. He's from Llyodminster, Alberta. He and Devante Smith-Pelly chose to opt out of attending the White House. Smith-Pelly hails from Scarborough, Toronto. Add to that Brett Connolly who hails from Campbell River, BC. However, not all Canadian players refused to attend. Tom Wilson, the team's fiery goal-scoring goon comes from Toronto. He was at the White House visit.

More here: http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26357829/stanley-cup-winning-capitals-visit-white-house">http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2635 ... hite-house">http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26357829/stanley-cup-winning-capitals-visit-white-house

Apart from these three who chose not to attend, I think the rest have my respect because they are not letting politics seep into sports. It should never.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

The Calgary Flames will play the Colorado Avalanche in the first round of the playoffs....go Flames go.

@realAzhyaAryola

Alright alright alright!  :thumbup:

https://www.printyourbrackets.com/images/nhl-playoff-bracket.png">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes! New York Islanders beat the Penguins in their first round! Woohoo! Smashing! ac_dance  :nhl_checking:

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Calgary and Toronto won last night.

ac_dance

@realAzhyaAryola

Fash, you define a true Canadian.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Fash, you define a true Canadian.

You are the true hockey fan Azhya.

@realAzhyaAryola

I take pleasure in the defeat of the Penguins, again. Woohoo! :thumbup:  Lost 3 times. I hope the Islanders knock them out.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

I want to know the enemy.

Know Your Enemy!

Carolina Hurricanes. We will crush you again tonight.

Forwards

Sebastian Aho

Micheal Ferland

Warren Foegele

Saku Maenalanen

Jordan Martinook

Brock McGinn

Greg McKegg

Nino Niederreiter

Jordan Staal

Andrei Svechnikov

Teuvo Teravainen

Lucas Wallmark

Justin Williams

Defense

Jake Bean

Calvin de Haan

Justin Faulk

Haydn Fleury

Dougie Hamilton

Brett Pesce

Jaccob Slavin

Trevor van Riemsdyk

Goalies

Curtis McElhinney

Petr Mrazek

">
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Once in a while I can stomach Don Cherry.

">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Once in a while I can stomach Don Cherry.

">

He knows hockey very well.

@realAzhyaAryola

He does not know fashion very well.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

R.I.P

Tampa Bay Lightning and Pittsburgh Penguins have been eliminated. Woohoo! They were both opponents of the Capitals last year to get to the Stanley Cup and the Caps smashed both.
@realAzhyaAryola