Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Jew is subversive...

Started by Bricktop, October 01, 2018, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Seems that road of technology is getting narrow fast .... instead of govts it's huge private industry applying extreme censorship and limiting honest  discussion ... unless it's in the direction they wish it to be

I find this really scary because it's real and effective

Note: Just before last election I recall testing Google with "election" (and even "Trump")

Clinton came up most of the time ... and always in a good light

When Trump "did"  came up it was mostly in a negative light

I noticed the same thing in Taiwan's last presidential election..

Most searches produced positive results for the pan blue side and negative for the pan green side.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"Seems that road of technology is getting narrow fast .... instead of govts it's huge private industry applying extreme censorship and limiting honest  discussion ... unless it's in the direction they wish it to be

I knew as soon as government people like Merkel started telling social media they had to go after "fake news" that they were going to use it as an excuse to start censoring antiprog views, and voila then it began.

As if that wasn't bad enough, along with it corporations are starting to become prog activist-like as well. Nike did the Colin Kaepernick ad.  Starbucks did its "ask a barista about race" silliness.  Several airlines said they would stop flying illegals home.  Hyatt just banned "hate groups" from their hotels.  (trouble is these aren't hate groups they are groups like Jihad watch that the SPLC falsely lists has hate groups.)

It's a scary messed up totalitarian world the left is trying to create.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I knew as soon as government people like Merkel started telling social media they had to go after "fake news" that they were going to use it as an excuse to start censoring antiprog views, and voila then it began.

As if that wasn't bad enough, along with it corporations are starting to become prog activist-like as well. Nike did the Colin Kaepernick ad.  Starbucks did its "ask a barista about race" silliness.  Several airlines said they would stop flying illegals home.  Hyatt just banned "hate groups" from their hotels.  (trouble is these aren't hate groups they are groups like Jihad watch that the SPLC falsely lists has hate groups.)

It bothers me that corporations are taking political sides. There is a cosmetics company called LUSH that took a political side and had it backfire on them. In their infinite stupidity, they came up with a campaign that Alberta oilsands oil will not be used in any of their products. The boycott LUSH movement was almost immediate and big. I haven't heard anymore about it for years, so I assume LUSH backed down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"

It bothers me that corporations are taking political sides. There is a cosmetics company called LUSH that took a political side and had it backfire on them. In their infinite stupidity, they came up with a campaign that Alberta oilsands oil will not be used in any of their products. The boycott LUSH movement was almost immediate and big. I haven't heard anymore about it for years, so I assume LUSH backed down.

I remember that.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"How's Nike doing?

I hope terrible.