Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

It's a Sunny fall weekend in Vancouver!

Started by Superchecker, November 16, 2018, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Yes sunny weekend here in Vancouver. December is exciting with all the Christmas festivals here. I booked Dec 17th-26th off.

It was good weather today and the weekend should be superb.

What part of the city do you live in? I live in North Surrey.

I live in East Vancouver. Why did you move here?

Why would you move to East Vancouver? Why would anyone move there.

Chuck Bronson

They think it's cool to live in Vancouver, when really it isn't...  It used to be a nice place a few decades ago, but now it's just a congested shithole.

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"They think it's cool to live in Vancouver, when really it isn't...  It used to be a nice place a few decades ago, but now it's just a congested shithole.

It is more functional than some Canadian cities, but backward compared to Tel Aviv.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

It's an overpriced congested shithole.  Used to be better, but Vancouver sold out to China ages ago.  Born and raised here, so I have seen the destruction!

Chuck Bronson

In fact, Fash is visiting Van right now.  I bet you she sees more Asians there than in her native Taiwan!   :laugh:

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"It's an overpriced congested shithole.  Used to be better, but Vancouver sold out to China ages ago.  Born and raised here, so I have seen the destruction!

Israeli cities are overpriced too.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

I stay here for my work, but I really have not much else holding me here.  Not a day goes by when I don't dream about living on some property out in the country somewhere...

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I stay here for my work, but I really have not much else holding me here.  Not a day goes by when I don't dream about living on some property out in the country somewhere...

We're in Vancouver for work too.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

What kind of construction work do you do?

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"What kind of construction work do you do?

Drywall, and framing. I can lay bricks and do plumbing too.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

OK.  I only ask, because I own and operate a gravel truck (yes, there are a few of us whities still doing that here), but I wouldn't typically work with guys doing the type of trades that you do.

Gaon

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"OK.  I only ask, because I own and operate a gravel truck (yes, there are a few of us whities still doing that here), but I wouldn't typically work with guys doing the type of trades that you do.

I like working with my hands.
The Russian Rock It

Chuck Bronson

There's lots of trades work here, and with the right company the pay is OK, relatively speaking.  Van is somewhat limited with opportunity for the 'average' guy...  Trades is the best way to stay busy and earn a living here, it seems.

Chuck Bronson

I know a plumber, he's ticketed, that bought a van (yes, a white raper van with no windows) and went freelance.  Without even having a company name or number on the van, he is STILL turning down about 50% of the work that he's offered.

I asked why he doesn't expand the business?  He's simply happy running a one man show, and doesn't want to deal with employees.  He keeps busy enough!

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Yes sunny weekend here in Vancouver. December is exciting with all the Christmas festivals here. I booked Dec 17th-26th off.

It was good weather today and the weekend should be superb.

What part of the city do you live in? I live in North Surrey.

I live in East Vancouver. Why did you move here?

I thought you lived in Richmond?