The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

GM closing all Oshawa, Ontario operations

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

http://efficientfamilycar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2019-Cadillac-Escalade-Changes.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"https://sampledlight.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2020-Chevy-Suburban-2500-Price.jpg">

Do you own one Azhya?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Ugh, what a homely and grotesque brute.

They are big, but they are sharp.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Do you own one Azhya?

Of course! :thumbup:  :thumbup1:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Do you own one Azhya?

Of course! :thumbup:  :thumbup1:

I know you have a big driveway.

Bricktop

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Ugh, what a homely and grotesque brute.

They are big, but they are sharp.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

Just looks like a truck to me.

Chuck Bronson

One must understand why cars were built in Canada in the first place...  

The old trade agreements essentially stated that for every US car sold here, one had to be built here.  It was just that simple.

Those trade agreements have long been torn up in the race towards globalism (meaning get yer shit made cheap in China).

So, people want cheap shit, and the outcome of this is no more Canadian (or US, for that matter) manufacturing.  Plants are closing all the time, every day.

It's what the people wanted.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"One must understand why cars were built in Canada in the first place...  

The old trade agreements essentially stated that for every US car sold here, one had to be built here.  It was jusr that simple.

Those trade agreements have long been torn up in the race towards globalism (meaning get yer shit made cheap in China).

So, people want cheap shit, and the outcome of this is no more Canadian (or US, for that matter) manufacturing.  Plants are closing all the time, every day.

It's what the people wanted.

There is no Canada and USA under the old autopact. It's a unified market.

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, though I always like Uncle Don's driveway.

http://edc.h-cdn.co/assets/16/45/320x320/square-1478626107-white-house-driveway.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

">

Anyone who buys GM is propping up a deceitful, immoral and doomed brand.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Yes, though I always like Uncle Don's driveway.

http://edc.h-cdn.co/assets/16/45/320x320/square-1478626107-white-house-driveway.jpg">

Uncle Don has a nice crib. :laugh3:

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"There is no Canada and USA under the old autopact. It's a unified market.

Not quite, but it was really simple...  Every one that sold here meant one had to be built here, so there were clear definitions of borders, but it worked.

Canada is probably somewhere close to 10% of the North American market, and to reach that market simply meant that a few plants had to be built here to avoid tariffs and duties.  

It worked quite well for both for many decades.  Canadian plants have long been known for great quality control also, so it wasn't like GM or Ford was at any real loss with a system like this.

However, all these 'free trade' agreements of more recent were never designed for the US to 'recapture' their manufacturing...  They are simply designed to eventually shift all production to Mexico, or another cheaper place to build.

Anonymous

I was listening to a couple of TDS sufferers today blame both steel tariffs and lowering corporate income taxes for the reasons some GM cars aren't selling, I guess they should have raised the cost of doing business/carbon tax like True Dope has done because that saved production/jobs in Oshawa.

Bricktop

GM cars don't sell because they're not good cars. Simple.