Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I drove a 32’ Limousine today...

Started by JOE, December 31, 2018, 12:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The ability to drive a large vehicle safely also helps.

This might be a tangent.

IMHO, speaking both as driver and as mechanic, you cannot stretch a Lincoln Town Car more than sixty inches and have a safe vehicle to drive.  The only limos that can handle really big stretches will be those on truck frames such as Suburbans or Expeditions.  And even they will be squirrely to drive.

I won't ride in extreme stretched limos.  If you want a coach that's going to be thirty or more feet in length, build it on a five-ton truck chassis and get it right.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/vdm_ford/live/en_us/ford/nameplate/strippedchassis/2019/collections/adplanners/19_F53_34_PK-32.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg">

It'll look like a bus of some kind, and have one or two service doors, but it'll work and be safe to drive.

Bricktop

Precisely.

Stretched limos handle and brake like a brick shithouse on castors. A stupid idea that I am amazed are permitted to be driven on public roads.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Precisely.

Stretched limos handle and brake like a brick shithouse on castors. A stupid idea that I am amazed are permitted to be driven on public roads.

I have been a few limos around the world. I was always too shitfaced to remember it.

Bricktop

And you were DRIVING them at the time... ac_toofunny