Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Chinese ambassador accuses Canada of 'white supremacy' in Huawei case

Started by Anonymous, January 09, 2019, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "JOE"I think China's accusation of double standards has merit.

Here we accuse China of planting spyware in Huawei phones, but isnt that what the cia, fbi and nsa do? Then they share that data with their western partners like interpol, csis & others.

Its almost as if if the west is saying that its ok to spy on their own citizens but they don't want china to do it.

In other words the western governments want the upper hand, a but they dont want a 3rd party aka the Chinese to snoop & compromise the spying process the west is engaged in.

Its like they're saying don't step in our territory China.

So i can see the hypocrisy of the west which the Chinese have pointed out. Even Julian Assange has said social media and the apps we use on our iphones are just spyware and portals for our governments to spy on us.

Well the west aren't growing the drugs to export to China to poison their children...

That's what the Chinese are doing... they're in the drug smuggling business.

As well as the piracy and animal extiction businesses.

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Here we accuse China of planting spyware in Huawei phones, but isnt that what the cia, fbi and nsa do? Then they share that data with their western partners like interpol, csis & others.

Its almost as if if the west is saying that its ok to spy on their own citizens but they don't want china to do it.

In other words the western governments want the upper hand, a but they dont want a 3rd party aka the Chinese to snoop & compromise the spying process the west is engaged in.

So i can see the hypocrisy of the west which the Chinese have pointed out. Even Julian Assange has said social media and the apps we use on our iphones are just spyware and portals for our governments to spy on us.

Well the west aren't growing the drugs to export to China to poison their children...

Yep, crooks and reprobates all round.

There should be more outrage.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Yep, crooks and reprobates all round.

There should be more outrage.

If it was Russia or the USA there would be outrage.

caskur

The whole planet needs a shake-up..

and Australia actually has the highest extinction of animals..
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"On another note from the same instrument

make a "wise" decision but did not provide details about what the "repercussions" would be.

In a rare interview with Canadian journalists, Lu also told Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to back off recruiting international support in Canada's feud with China. He said it would be a bad idea for Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland to use the upcoming World Economic Forum summit in Davos to press that case.

Will we let China bully us?

Stay tuned.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"On another note from the same instrument

make a "wise" decision but did not provide details about what the "repercussions" would be.

In a rare interview with Canadian journalists, Lu also told Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to back off recruiting international support in Canada's feud with China. He said it would be a bad idea for Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland to use the upcoming World Economic Forum summit in Davos to press that case.

Will we let China bully us?

Stay tuned.

Well one thing China could do to us is pull the plug on our real estate bubble, sell significant holdings & take their investment money elsewhere. They've done it before & they could do it again.

Didn't this happen 20 years ago in 1997?

I've also read many Western universities are afraid that the influx of foreign students paying high tuition fees into university coffers could dry up.

So I don't doubt they have leverage and they could use it against us.

Like I said before this was simply not worth getting involved in as it was a made in America problem

Trudeau should have just hired ex deputy Liberal deputy Prime Minister John Manley to handle the situation & our country wouldn't be in this mess right now

Anonymous

QuoteWell one thing China could do to us is pull the plug on our real estate bubble,

Why the hell would Chinese real estate owners deliberately take a hit on their own investment. Chinese with money want to get their assets out of China.

Anonymous

I have no faith in Trudeau to do what's right and ban Huawei from our 5G networks.

cc

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/u-s-files-criminal-charges-against-huawei">Huawei hit with U.S. criminal charges

China's Huawei and CFO Wanzhou Meng charged with financial fraud, theft of trade secrets

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announces criminal charges against Huawei Technologies Co. and CFO Wanzhou Meng for stealing trade secrets and defrauding banks.

The Trump administration on Monday brought criminal charges against Huawei for alleged theft of trade secrets, wire fraud and breach of sanctions, among other violations.

In 23 indictments, filed in federal court in Brooklyn and Seattle, the U.S. claims that Huawei sought to steal confidential information from T-Mobile from 2012 to 2014, and that executives at the top brass of the company were aware of the effort. The government also alleges that the Chinese firm misrepresented its ownership of an Iranian affiliate called Skycom. The U.S. has sanctions against doing business in Iran.

The list of defendants includes Huawei's Chief Financial Officer Wanzhou Meng, who was arrested in Canada last month Opens a New Window.  and is facing extradition to the U.S. A formal extradition request is expected to be filed by Tuesday, according to acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Fuck China.

Big on threat, small on action.

Their financial clout on the West is a double edged sword. Without Western investment and purchases, their economy tanks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/u-s-files-criminal-charges-against-huawei">Huawei hit with U.S. criminal charges

China's Huawei and CFO Wanzhou Meng charged with financial fraud, theft of trade secrets

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announces criminal charges against Huawei Technologies Co. and CFO Wanzhou Meng for stealing trade secrets and defrauding banks.

The Trump administration on Monday brought criminal charges against Huawei for alleged theft of trade secrets, wire fraud and breach of sanctions, among other violations.

In 23 indictments, filed in federal court in Brooklyn and Seattle, the U.S. claims that Huawei sought to steal confidential information from T-Mobile from 2012 to 2014, and that executives at the top brass of the company were aware of the effort. The government also alleges that the Chinese firm misrepresented its ownership of an Iranian affiliate called Skycom. The U.S. has sanctions against doing business in Iran.

The list of defendants includes Huawei's Chief Financial Officer Wanzhou Meng, who was arrested in Canada last month Opens a New Window.  and is facing extradition to the U.S. A formal extradition request is expected to be filed by Tuesday, according to acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.

Lies and white supremacy.

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/u-s-files-criminal-charges-against-huawei">Huawei hit with U.S. criminal charges

Huawei is an extension of China's totalitarian government. I think we know how their state media mouthpieces will spin this.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Care factor = 0.

I don't care what silly accusations Peking makes either..

But, I do care if it affects Canadian exports.

Zetsu

Lol, looks like this time China has ran their faces into a brick wall.
Permanently off his rocker