The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Outdoor pallet furnature

Started by Berry Sweet, January 12, 2019, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

The back is straight, my husband said you don't have straight backs like that, it's extremely uncomfortable....You might have to have long round cushioning.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Quote from: "caskur"The back is straight, my husband said you don't have straight backs like that, it's extremely uncomfortable....You might have to have long round cushioning.

That would be uncomfortable.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

We go through a lot of pallets at our shops in Winnipeg. I don't know what they do with them. I should ask.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "caskur"The back is straight, my husband said you don't have straight backs like that, it's extremely uncomfortable....You might have to have long round cushioning.

That's what cushions and pillows are for.   I have a large balcony (which is pretty sweet, private too) large enough to sleep out there in the summer if I wanted to.  Kids are most likely to be all over it...they will be lying on it, using devices or just doing something.  I'm pretty laid back and chill so I like simple colourful things.

Frood

Aren't pallets treated with nasty chemicals?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Aren't pallets treated with nasty chemicals?

Not that I'm aware of..

My husband has brought some home to burn in our firepit in the past.....no unusual odour or smoke.

Berry Sweet

Only in Australia.   :laugh3:

No.  It's just wood slapped together.  I would have to sand it tho, its rough.

You can use the wood to build stuff.  I want a wooden box for balcony plants, herbs and some tomatoe plants. If the wood rots and get wrecked, just toss it at the end of the summer.

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

That's what cushions and pillows are for.   I have a large balcony (which is pretty sweet, private too) large enough to sleep out there in the summer if I wanted to.  Kids are most likely to be all over it...they will be lying on it, using devices or just doing something.  I'm pretty laid back and chill so I like simple colourful things.

It's going to be great. It's a good idea... when you are using it, you'll know what to modify.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

You can use the wood to build stuff.  I want a wooden box for balcony plants, herbs and some tomatoe plants. If the wood rots and get wrecked, just toss it at the end of the summer.

That's a great idea Berry.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Not that I'm aware of..

My husband has brought some home to burn in our firepit in the past.....no unusual odour or smoke.

Thats what I do with the ones here  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

I've seen lots of ideas with pallets, and those plant hangers seem like a real good idea.

We have tons of pallets here, and if you were close by, I'd bring them to you lol. We use to have a guy here that would snag them once a year, but he died, and we have way too many. I use some for the fire pit, and others I have saved for picture frames.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I've seen lots of ideas with pallets, and those plant hangers seem like a real good idea.

We have tons of pallets here, and if you were close by, I'd bring them to you lol. We use to have a guy here that would snag them once a year, but he died, and we have way too many. I use some for the fire pit, and others I have saved for picture frames.

Really?

Blazor

Really?

Yeah, some pallets come in with a frame like board on top of the paper strapped down. I plan to have some poster size images printed, and use the wood to frame them with  ac_smile

Another friend of mine that worked here, took some pallets home, disassembled them, stained them, and nailed them to his bathroom wall, and gave it a real cool rustic look.

I used a bunch of pallets as a shelving system for the paper here I use too.

So many ideas on Pinterest too lol.

Anonymous

Really?

Yeah, some pallets come in with a frame like board on top of the paper strapped down. I plan to have some poster size images printed, and use the wood to frame them with  ac_smile

Another friend of mine that worked here, took some pallets home, disassembled them, stained them, and nailed them to his bathroom wall, and gave it a real cool rustic look.

I used a bunch of pallets as a shelving system for the paper here I use too.

So many ideas on Pinterest too lol.

I've never seen that..

I only see them when my husband brings them home or if I'm at his shop....which isn't very often.

Blazor

I've never seen that..

I only see them when my husband brings them home or if I'm at his shop....which isn't very often.

They use them on our large stacks of paper, to help hold them down, without ruining the paper on top.