News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Help...downloading music from google play...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 16, 2019, 10:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

...where do the music files go??  And, would it be better to download onto my lap lop or phone? Also, if I download to my lap top, can I copy or transfer the music to my phone and other devices?

Obviously I can do all these things...but I've never done them before.  And just hoping I can get some tips or something from anyone.

I still dont have my PC set up yet...sigh...and I need a computer so I turned the lap top on...need 1 million updates...

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...where do the music files go??  And, would it be better to download onto my lap lop or phone? Also, if I download to my lap top, can I copy or transfer the music to my phone and other devices?

Obviously I can do all these things...but I've never done them before.  And just hoping I can get some tips or something from anyone.

I still dont have my PC set up yet...sigh...and I need a computer so I turned the lap top on...need 1 million updates...

They're DRM coded and disappear the moment your membership lapses. You can't control them. If you want a hard copy of non DRM mp3's, you need to do something different, not Google Play. GP is only good for listening to new releases or old albums you don't care about keeping.
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

No, I want to buy and album off google play...I am going to purchase it...where will the music go after I purchase it??

Obviously if I purchase them, they are mine to keep.

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No, I want to buy and album off google play...I am going to purchase it...where will the music go after I purchase it??

You don't actually own it. It's still DRM locked to Google and can't be played outside of Google Play. Also, after three downloads (when you upgrade devices as you go), your licence expires and you no longer own it at all and would have to pay again.

It's a dodgy set up.
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No, I want to buy and album off google play...I am going to purchase it...where will the music go after I purchase it??

You don't actually own it. It's still DRM locked to Google and can't be played outside of Google Play. Also, after three downloads (when you upgrade devices as you go), your licence expires and you no longer own it at all and would have to pay again.

It's a dodgy set up.

Ahh ok...I just looked into it....I get what you are saying....that's messed up.

Is there anywhere I can actually buy the album or song to keep as my own file?

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

It's a dodgy set up.

Ahh ok...I just looked into it....I get what you are saying....that's messed up.

Is there anywhere I can actually buy the album or song to keep as my own file?

If you must 'buy' the album but want a high quality Mp3 of it, buy the CD and rip it to 320 kbps.

Or, there is the easier and far cheaper option. Hint hint
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You can "buy" via Apple Music.

Once paid for the DRM is removed.

It's yours to keep.

Berry Sweet

Ugh...why does apple apple have music but android does not?  How the fuck do android users buy music online?

I dont want the CD, I just want to buy the music online.  Odd how you cant??

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"You can "buy" via Apple Music.

Once paid for the DRM is removed.

It's yours to keep.

What's DRM?

Bricktop

Its the system they use to monitor the music files.

If you purchase the album, it is removed. The music is yours to keep.

Frood

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Ugh...why does apple apple have music but android does not?  How the fuck do android users buy music online?

What is 'buy music online'?
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

I'd recommend iTunes if you want to buy songs close to 320kbps audio quality, they have a nice library and you can download it on your PC and should work on your android phone too iirc.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Ugh...why does apple apple have music but android does not?  How the fuck do android users buy music online?

She has asked a sensible question, and you're replying with your usual level of stupidity.

STFU.

:001_rolleyes:

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"

She has asked a sensible question, and you're replying with your usual level of stupidity.

STFU.

:001_rolleyes:

Zip it yourself, you insufferable peacock strutting douchebag.

I already helped her out a bit and was making a little joke. Mind your own business, turd brains.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Oh. A joke.

I'm not seeing anyone laughing...except AT you.