News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

People appearing LIVE on social media feeds...

Started by Berry Sweet, January 20, 2019, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I think there is a trend growing of people abandoning Facebook.

Not in any significant numbers...but enough to suggest that its day in the sun is waning.

I never joined. One of the first things I heard when it was new, was a change it made, that FB OWNED all pics uploaded, and they could do what they want with them. That was my first red flag, and I said NOPE! Then found out the government had a back door, THEY were watching, yeah fuck that too, NOPE! Nobody listened then, then it came out later, just like the privacy concerns.

All we need, is another big exposure whammy, and they will crumble considerably.

Searching Facebook is now SOP for police, intelligence agencies, con artists, employers, prospective employers and creeps.

I thought it was cool. Now I think it's a bane on society.

There are no offers of employment for management at my company until a social media background check is completed.

What if one has no social media?

Than the prospective employee has nothing to worry about.

@realAzhyaAryola

Social media platforms like Facebook has affected how people communicate with each other. This year, I have started to call my family and friends to speak to them directly or Skype or FaceTime instead of texting or emailing.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think there is a trend growing of people abandoning Facebook.

Not in any significant numbers...but enough to suggest that its day in the sun is waning.

I never joined. One of the first things I heard when it was new, was a change it made, that FB OWNED all pics uploaded, and they could do what they want with them. That was my first red flag, and I said NOPE! Then found out the government had a back door, THEY were watching, yeah fuck that too, NOPE! Nobody listened then, then it came out later, just like the privacy concerns.

All we need, is another big exposure whammy, and they will crumble considerably.

Searching Facebook is now SOP for police, intelligence agencies, con artists, employers, prospective employers and creeps.

There are no offers of employment for management at my company until a social media background check is completed.

Then I would be a smart feller after all  :thumbup:

Down with Fakebook!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Down with Fakebook!

People that don't have social media accounts don't have to worry about anything they've said coming back to bite them on the ass.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Social media platforms like Facebook has affected how people communicate with each other. This year, I have started to call my family and friends to speak to them directly or Skype or FaceTime instead of texting or emailing.

Exactly what Im talking about when I say its destroying our socializing. No one calls hardly anymore, they text, and even rarer is visiting folks. I try and make an effort with good friends and good family.

Blazor

Down with Fakebook!

People that don't have social media accounts don't have to worry about anything they've said coming back to bite them on the ass.

BINGO!!!

Down with Fakebook!

I'll never join. Forumz 4 life yo  ac_drinks

:laugh:

Bricktop

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

How did you get a job?

Simple, they respect her ass.

Oh, I respect her ass.

Very much. ac_wub

But she is a wacist!!!

Gaon

How did you get a job?

Oh, I respect her ass.

Very much. ac_wub

But she is a wacist!!!

Someone on VF is calling Shen Li a flat chested, dog eating, mail order bride and then calling her a racist. :2r4ml1j_th:
The Russian Rock It

Blazor

Quote from: "Gaon"

How did you get a job?

Oh, I respect her ass.

Very much. ac_wub

But she is a wacist!!!

Someone on VF is calling Shen Li a flat chested, dog eating, mail order bride and then calling her a racist. :2r4ml1j_th:

I was so close to white knighting for Shen, but she had it under control lol, "tourettes"  :laugh:

Gaon

Quote from: "Gaon"

How did you get a job?

Oh, I respect her ass.

Very much. ac_wub

But she is a wacist!!!

I was so close to white knighting for Shen, but she had it under control lol, "tourettes"  :laugh:

From what I saw it seems accurate.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Y'all pick on Shen, she'll make you wish you hadn't.

And that ASS!!!

Anonymous

I took a look. The thin skinned Mexican meatball is getting frustrated the repetitive lame school yard chirping is not working on the Iron Chink.

Gaon

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I took a look. The thin skinned Mexican meatball is getting frustrated the repetitive lame school yard chirping is not working on the Iron Chink.

Is she really that crazy or is that her way of begging for attention?
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Berry, have you ever considered confronting your friends about your pet peeve? Can you ask them, "By the way, I'd like to know. Why do you ---?" I began to openly post on Facebook what annoys me about what people do on Facebook. It offended some people who were on my friends list which led them to unfriend me. Hey, I did not care. I knew who my true friends were. I have never regretted my exit from Facebook. I consider it a cesspool of low self-esteem people who need a place where they can seek validation. As for me, life will pass me by if I waste another second on that cesspool.

I did that a while ago.  I posted some things and made some comments  eventually my "friends" list started getting smaller.

I eventually cleaned everyone out.  My list is small just under 200 now  And there are still some on a restricted setting.  I keep a few of these idiots for entertainment purposes....they think they are Gods gift to the world and need to advertise it everyday.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who laughs at them.  We all need to keep a few of those around....a 40-s9mething who thinks they are still 16 yrs old..so stupid they're worth laughing at.

I dont care about anyone on fb.  I do however like my private groups and friends I've made online, but majority of them are from Europe, UK, or south America.