The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What January looked like in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, January 31, 2019, 12:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

JOE, all I said is that I doubt Australians are enjoying extreme heat as you worded it in a post..

I don't know what you are talking about..

It's not a response to my post.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"JOE, all I said is that I doubt Australians are enjoying extreme heat as you worded it in a post..

It was intended as a joke, something which seems to evade the literally minded 'round here.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"I doubt Australians are 'enjoyng' extreme heat anymore than enjoy this extreme cold.

There are a certain section that is so used to extreme heat, they cannot stand normal mild temps... they carry on and say it's too cold because they might have to wear a windcheater or something.

I haven't suffered any hot weather for 25 years because I have refridgerated aircon.

One day at my Fillipino aunty's funeral, (2014) it was 43 C... we drove there (5.5 hours drive north) in an aircon car but the Church certainly wasn't aircon, (just fans), or waiting around in the carpark for the hearst to arrive was grueling.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"JOE, all I said is that I doubt Australians are enjoying extreme heat as you worded it in a post..

In order to respond to a post, you have to read it first.

Bricktop

Quote from: "JOE"

If the North Pole has shifted south to Central Canada, then the equator seems to have also found its new location  further south in Australia

Joe, your idiocy knows no bounds.

If the equator shifts closer to Australia, Australia becomes COOLER.

Now I can hear those little gears in your head grinding and grasping to come to terms with that statement, but Australia is mainly desert, NOT tropical. Desert heat is MUCH hotter than tropical heat. Do you know of any tropical nation that has achieved a temperature of 47.7?

Tropical (equatorial) heat is moist (high in humidity) so it feels hotter in relative terms at 31C (the most common temperature) than dry heat. In the tropics, 31C is more uncomfortable than 31C in dry climates.

So, if the equator shifted further south, equatorial weather would cool the desert, and also bring heavy monsoonal rains that will transform it into lush jungle (like Darwin and the furthest northern reaches of the continent). The conversion of desert to jungle will thus eliminate the fierce desert winds we experience in summer in the southern regions into cooler, more humid winds.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "JOE"

If the North Pole has shifted south to Central Canada, then the equator seems to have also found its new location  further south in Australia

Joe, your idiocy knows no bounds.

If the equator shifts closer to Australia, Australia becomes COOLER.

Now I can hear those little gears in your head grinding and grasping to come to terms with that statement, but Australia is mainly desert, NOT tropical. Desert heat is MUCH hotter than tropical heat. Do you know of any tropical nation that has achieved a temperature of 47.7?

Tropical (equatorial) heat is moist (high in humidity) so it feels hotter in relative terms at 31C (the most common temperature) than dry heat. In the tropics, 31C is more uncomfortable than 31C in dry climates.

So, if the equator shifted further south, equatorial weather would cool the desert, and also bring heavy monsoonal rains that will transform it into lush jungle (like Darwin and the furthest northern reaches of the continent). The conversion of desert to jungle will thus eliminate the fierce desert winds we experience in summer in the southern regions into cooler, more humid winds.

What would you prefer?

Bricktop

Most southerners don't like humidity. But the heat is becoming rather onerous. 47.7 is not enjoyable.

I would prefer the general temperature to go back about 3 degrees to where it was 30 years ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Most southerners don't like humidity. But the heat is becoming rather onerous. 47.7 is not enjoyable.

I would prefer the general temperature to go back about 3 degrees to where it was 30 years ago.

I can understand that Bricktop..

We are in an Arctic chill right now with no end in sight.

Bricktop

I don't know which would be worse.

The coldest temperature I've experienced is -9C in Switzerland, and I could not understand how people live in that numbing weather.

Then we get 47.7 here, and it's unendurable.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I don't know which would be worse.

The coldest temperature I've experienced is -9C in Switzerland, and I could not understand how people live in that numbing weather.

Then we get 47.7 here, and it's unendurable.

That seems like a heat wave compared to what we are experiencing right now.

Bricktop

So it seems.

But when you're unfamiliar with such cold, and poorly equipped in terms of clothing and footwear, it is hard to bear.

We rarely have the opportunity to walk on ice here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"So it seems.

But when you're unfamiliar with such cold, and poorly equipped in terms of clothing and footwear, it is hard to bear.

We rarely have the opportunity to walk on ice here.

It can be lethal if you are not prepared for it.

Bricktop

Yes. Just like the heat. Although it is easier to live with than the cold. And it can be dangerous.

A young child died from heat exhaustion yesterday in Sydney, and that was 34!!! That is considered mild.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/03/17/21/news-sydney-baby-found-dead-in-sydney-home">//https://www.9news.com.au/2019/02/03/17/21/news-sydney-baby-found-dead-in-sydney-home

Frood

Cold is easier. You can always add or shed a layer. There's nothing you can do when you're near naked already
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Not so.

I jump into my pool.

Don't you?