The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Fraud and scam calls...

Started by Berry Sweet, February 19, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

My bank always calls from a specific number..

They ask me my social security number, home address, full name to verify me as the owner.

But they wont do any changes..

Nor do they ask me the user number, password and key to my bank account.

Odinson

They usually ask stuff like do I want more credit..

Or am I interested in a loan.

Frood

I like to put on accents when callers say that I've won a trip to another nation, then pretend that I won the trip to Australia and I'm AT the destination while acting super excited.

Caller: No YOU are in Australia!

Me: I've always wanted to visit Australia! Wow! I want to pet the kangaroos!

Caller: NO YOU ARE IN AUSTRALIA!

Me: No, I'm in ________!

Caller: NO YUO! ~~ARGHHHHH!!~

Me: Will I get to meet Crocodile Dundee?

Caller: NO YOU!!!!!@!@@!
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I got a text last summer from someone claiming to be from the CRA(Canada Revenue Service) informing me I owed  Ottawa money and if I didn't pay I was going to jail.

:001_rolleyes:

Odinson

They actually call me and ask whether I want a loan... Thats because I´m a white man..

Whites have this secret fraternity where we give each other free stuff.

">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"They actually call me and ask whether I want a loan... Thats because I´m a white man..

Whites have this secret fraternity where we give each other free stuff.

">

I saw that clip before. Just hilarious.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I got a text last summer from someone claiming to be from the CRA(Canada Revenue Service) informing me I owed  Ottawa money and if I didn't pay I was going to jail.

There are people here who even dress as cops and try to come ask you personal info face to face..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I got a text last summer from someone claiming to be from the CRA(Canada Revenue Service) informing me I owed  Ottawa money and if I didn't pay I was going to jail.

There are people here who even dress as cops and try to come ask you personal info face to face..

That happened to a senior citizen in Canada..

They went to an ATM together and gave them money.

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"..anyone else getting endless calls?  I was up late last night watching a show on Netflix and my phone started ringing at 1:30am....I googled the number and it was on a list of scams...it called back again...and again...repetitively...atleast 8 times...wtf!! I ended blocking the number...I'm seriously pissed off they choose to call repetitively at that hour.  

And then again today more calls, but a different number.  I'm so sick of it.

I live in Surrey. My wife and I haven't had any calls like that yet. You are not a Canadian until your get one or more of those.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Makes me wonder sometimes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Makes me wonder sometimes.

One needs to be careful.