Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

the police thread

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2019, 12:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Our cops say that the radars are for traffic safety but thats bullshit..

The speed-limit drops from 100km/h to 60km/h and there is a camera within 50 meters..

Many times the cameras are hidden behind curves..

And we are probably the only nation that counts speeding-tickets as budgeted income.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Bet you were going with the flow.

I didn't know the expressway was under construction with reduced speed limits until I was in it..

And, I got a ticket in the mail about ten days later.

That's a common trick they do to get revenue notches on their belts. They play with confusions on signage.

An area or straightaway can be marked down but the side roads don't get signage for that. So you merge onto the main with standard posted speeds and get pinged distantly days later in the mail because there were no changed traffic signs between the moment you entered the main, traveled awhile down it, before you encounter a change speed sign.

It's why I record onboard these days. I'm tired of badged thieves lying.

That's  municipalities raking in cash. Cops have nothing to do with that.

They do here.

I hit one just today. They had one of those remote plate scanners-cameras half a K set up along the road by their unmanned car. Only 4 cops down the road. Two lots of two. One pair on the side waving their fat fingers at motorists to pull into a side road car park and the other pair as quiet backup.

Total road construction stretch. Up and down from 40kph to 80kph for 20k's. There was no way anyone coming from a side road could know NOT to follow the normal speed signs.

I hope those POS cops have strokes tonight.
Blahhhhhh...

Blurt

Police officers have one of the toughest jobs ever; they deal constantly with distressed individuals and with idiots who believe that "petty" laws should be no law at all.

They are charged with protecting the safety of citizens who then turn on them and spit in their eye for doing so, just because those citizens believe their fundamental right to break "petty" laws have been violated.

Wear your goddamned seatbelt, ffs! If a cop stops you, and tickets you, for having broken some law, smile, apologize, accept the fine, and then thank her for keeping the community a safe place for all.

And this is to say nothing of the dangers they face every day, dangers that are potentially life-ending. I've come to know many cops in my line of work. Their overriding concern has always been that everyone be safe and that no one get hurt (at least not any more than they already are at the time of crisis). Of the cops I've known, three are no longer with us; two have committed suicide and one was shot point blank in the stomach when she stopped a car with a broken tail light.

My only gripe is that the profession sometimes draws, as it does in the military, individuals who enjoy imposing their authority over others in a way that isn't conducive to de-escalation and peaceful resolution. But such individuals are the exception rather than the rule.

For the most part, cops are good people.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Frood

Pull your head in.

They're scumbags.

They steal from and assault peaceful people.

The largest street gang in human history and you're an enabler. Grow a spine.

">
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blurt"Police officers have one of the toughest jobs ever; they deal constantly with distressed individuals and with idiots who believe that "petty" laws should be no law at all.

They are charged with protecting the safety of citizens who then turn on them and spit in their eye for doing so, just because those citizens believe their fundamental right to break "petty" laws have been violated.

Wear your goddamned seatbelt, ffs! If a cop stops you, and tickets you, for having broken some law, smile, apologize, accept the fine, and then thank her for keeping the community a safe place for all.

And this is to say nothing of the dangers they face every day, dangers that are potentially life-ending. I've come to know many cops in my line of work. Their overriding concern has always been that everyone be safe and that no one get hurt (at least not any more than they already are at the time of crisis). Of the cops I've known, three are no longer with us; two have committed suicide and one was shot point blank in the stomach when she stopped a car with a broken tail light.

My only gripe is that the profession sometimes draws, as it does in the military, individuals who enjoy imposing their authority over others in a way that isn't conducive to de-escalation and peaceful resolution. But such individuals are the exception rather than the rule.

Well said Blurt, well said.  ac_drinks
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

Maybe, if your cage door is open, but you're too afraid to cross its threshold.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Maybe, if your cage door is open, but you're too afraid to cross its threshold.

*inserts in rear end*  :001_rolleyes:

Frood

:laugh: So you always dreamed of becoming a street gang member but didn't make the cut?

They'll accept virtually any moron.

You must have not risen above their bottom line bell curve.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna":laugh: So you always dreamed of becoming a street gang member but didn't make the cut?

They'll accept virtually any moron.

You must have not risen above their bottom line bell curve.

Deeds, not words Dinky is why the police will always be respected, now go cry in the corner troll.

Frood

Dirty deeds not done dirt cheap is your only answer?  ac_toofunny

Do your lips and jaw hurt?  ac_biggrin

NOM NOM NOM NOM... eh?
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

They are an unappreciated tribe, aren't they, but they have also corrupt elements and they now cause fear rather than comfort. It is too bad.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

My sons have many friends of all colors. I warn them to never resist or mouth off if ever they are riding with friends and they happen to be stopped. I cringe at the thought of something escalating from nothing to someone getting hurt.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Gaon

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Blurt"Police officers have one of the toughest jobs ever; they deal constantly with distressed individuals and with idiots who believe that "petty" laws should be no law at all.

Well said Blurt, well said.  ac_drinks

It sure is.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Bricktop

Quote from: "Velvet"A police thread?? Why?

A good question.

I await the answer with interest.