Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Israel Ranked 10th Healthiest Country in the World

Started by Gaon, February 28, 2019, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

It's hard to follow the Mediterranean diet in Canada.

The Bloomberg Healthiest Country Index, published Sunday, ranked 169 nations based on factors such as life expectancy and access to sanitation and medical care

Israel is the 10th healthiest country in the world — 54 spots ahead of the United States.

The Bloomberg Healthiest Country Index, published Sunday, ranked 169 nations based on factors such as life expectancy and access to sanitation and medical care. Countries were penalized for tobacco use and obesity, among other health risks.

Unsurprisingly, the Mediterranean diet — common in Israel, as well as Spain and Italy, numbers one and two on the list — was noted in Bloomberg's analysis.

"Mediterranean diet, supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil or nuts, had a lower rate of major cardiovascular events than those assigned to a reduced-fat diet," says a study cited by Bloomberg.

The rest of the top 10, in order, are: Spain, Italy, Iceland, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, Singapore and Norway.

The U.S. placed 64th, largely in part to its high obesity rate. Recent figures from the Centers for Disease Control estimate about 40 percent of the country, or over 93 million citizens, are obese.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-ranked-10th-healthiest-country-in-the-world-1.6977455">https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/isr ... -1.6977455">https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-ranked-10th-healthiest-country-in-the-world-1.6977455
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I see Canada is sixteenth on that list..

Why is it hard to follow a Mediterranean diet in Canada Gaon?

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"I see Canada is sixteenth on that list..

Israeli food is based on plenty of vegetables and legumes, grapes/wine, citrus fruits and extra virgin olive oil. Tahini, falafel, eggplant, and a variety of salads are always present at the table. All the ingredients of the region. Even the street food is not unhealthy
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I see Canada is sixteenth on that list..

Israeli food is based on plenty of vegetables and legumes, grapes/wine, citrus fruits and extra virgin olive oil. Tahini, falafel, eggplant, and a variety of salads are always present at the table. All the ingredients of the region. Even the street food is not unhealthy

And if it's like other Mediterranean countries, red meat is not a staple.

Anonymous

And so you know Gaon, the people of Vancouver and Victoria probably have the healthiest diets of any urban centres in Canada.

Bricktop

And as usual, Australia ranks in the top ten.

We eat well from the five major food groups.

Beer, pies, chocolate, cake and chips.

You can get those in Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And as usual, Australia ranks in the top ten.

We eat well from the five major food groups.

Beer, pies, chocolate, cake and chips.

You can get those in Canada.

Australia top ten surprises me. Like you said, the eating and drinking habits are not what any doctor would recommend. But, I did work with rig pigs.

Bricktop

You should have worked with cops.

Night shift pizza, then beer for breakfast.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You should have worked with cops.

Night shift pizza, then beer for breakfast.

I found the wrong calling.

Bricktop

Mmmm...digging into the earth's crust to tap oil or cleaning up the dumps that society drops on good people...tough call.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Mmmm...digging into the earth's crust to tap oil or cleaning up the dumps that society drops on good people...tough call.

Beer for breakfast though. Camps don't serve that.

Bricktop

Yup.

Finish at 7.00am.

To one of the early opener pubs for eggs, bacon and a "few" beers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yup.

Finish at 7.00am.

ac_wot

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Yup.

Finish at 7.00am.

ac_wot

I've been known to drink before noon too.