News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Has anyone ever used those portable expresso pumps before?

Started by Frood, March 07, 2019, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

https://i.postimg.cc/cLcYP9Xg/Screenshot-20190308-095922.png">

The idea seems like a good one but unless you like your expresso cold, you'll still need to cart around some way to heat water up or retain hot water in a flask.

I'm thinking it would work well as something in a purse or bag at work where hot water is available on demand but if out and about, might as well just use a small Italian style percolator.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Might be a good alternative for people that cannot afford to buy coffee at a bistro.

Frood

Or where there is no cafe or bistro available.

The coffee available at my work is pretty ordinary. I usually take those Robert Timms coffee bags with me but they don't produce a strong cuppa.

I'm thinking one of those pumps would be perfect for a quick and fresh long black, which is my preferred manner of having coffee.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Might be a good alternative for people that cannot afford to buy coffee at a bistro.

Hey mack, I can afford bistro coffee. But, those places are progtard safe spaces. There's as much chance of me going to one of them as there is me going to a fruity musical with my biker buddies.

Frood

Would you consider an expresso pump like that, Herman?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Would you consider an expresso pump like that, Herman?

Possibly. But, no progtard coffee shops for this guy.

Frood

They take ground beans and are also coffee capsule compatible.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"They take ground beans and are also coffee capsule compatible.

I don't know. When I am at home on the farm I make strong coffee and pour lots of barrel wash into each cup.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"They take ground beans and are also coffee capsule compatible.

I don't know. When I am at home on the farm I make strong coffee and pour lots of barrel wash into each cup.

It's good to sterilize your cup.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Or where there is no cafe or bistro available.

That is often the case in low socio-economic areas. Bistros usually thrive where the money is.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"

That is often the case in low socio-economic areas. Bistros usually thrive where the money is.

If only the fauna of Australia could get their sht in order and open a chain of remote coffee shops to service their caffeine addicted brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Herman"

It's good to sterilize your cup.  ac_biggrin

That was actually pretty funny.   ac_toofunny

Anonymous

I like a regular cup of coffee with a shot of espresso in it.

Frood

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I like a regular cup of coffee with a shot of espresso in it.

Sounds like Herman prefers his regular cup of barrel wash similarly.  ac_smile

Would you consider a contraption like was pictured to get a fresh brew while on the job?

(If the trains you're on don't have a bistro caboose, that is.)
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Bricktop"

If only the fauna of Australia could get their sht in order and open a chain of remote coffee shops to service their caffeine addicted brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom.

That's probably the only way destitute and impecunious fringe dwellers could get a good cup.

But that toy in the OP may give them some minor relief from the unavailability of barista prepared coffee in their backwash.