Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

"Your heart is fine. But..."

Started by Bricktop, May 30, 2019, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Average life span was 71 years for men.

Slightly older for women.

We're now into the 80's and rising as medical technology evolves. In 1950 he would have looked at my scans (if such technology existed) and said "I've some bad news...".

Now it's "We might have a to whack a Pacemaker in there in a few years. Simple procedure. Then if your heart suffers an occlusion it will alert me via the web...and also call an ambulance using the inbuilt GPS."

I shit ye not.

caskur

Damn, I was planning on kidnapping you and now I'd be tracked...

Blood modern technology!~~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Average life span was 71 years for men.

Slightly older for women.

We're now into the 80's and rising as medical technology evolves. In 1950 he would have looked at my scans (if such technology existed) and said "I've some bad news...".

Now it's "We might have a to whack a Pacemaker in there in a few years. Simple procedure. Then if your heart suffers an occlusion it will alert me via the web...and also call an ambulance using the inbuilt GPS."

I shit ye not.

Is that what a pacemaker does?

I thought it regulated heartbeats.

Bricktop

Oh, no...that's back in the 60's when music was on vinyl, people used phone booths and letters were consigned by hand, truck and plane.

Today's Pacemaker monitors and regulates heartbeats, recognises coronary occlusions, stores and transfers data to the cardiologist via the internet, alerts emergency services if the subject goes into cardiac arrest and communicates their geographical location via GPS.

The Gist

MY FIL lived many years with a pacemaker.  He died not too long ago from unrelated issues.  So, you know  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: .

Bricktop

I'm sure it will be fine. I just hope the battery lasts...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I'm sure it will be fine. I just hope the battery lasts...

Ask for Duracell. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I hate it when doctors say "but".

I had to have my heart monitored due to a very slow pulse...44 bpm. Slow, but not critical.

So I go to the cardiologist yesterday to get the results of the tests.

They showed that the heart is in good shape, and that my slow pulse is largely due to my high levels of fitness for most of my life. Cool.

Thanks Doc...

"Er...but..."

It seems I can look forward to having a Pacemaker fitted in the foreseeable future due to "wear and tear" on the muscles that control the heartbeat...as a result of them being worked hard to keep me fit.

Because of my age and natural deterioration, the chances are high I'll start having fainting spells. Then it's Pacemaker time!!!

:dash1:

That's the shits. And you behaved yourself. I think about my health declining too as I get older.

JOE

I had to have my heart monitored due to a very slow pulse...44 bpm. Slow, but not critical.

They showed that the heart is in good shape, and that my slow pulse is largely due to my high levels of fitness for most of my life. Cool.

Thanks Doc...

"Er...but..."

It seems I can look forward to having a Pacemaker fitted in the foreseeable future due to "wear and tear" on the muscles that control the heartbeat...as a result of them being worked hard to keep me fit.

Because of my age and natural deterioration, the chances are high I'll start having fainting spells. Then it's Pacemaker time!!!

Sorry ta hear that, BT.

I haven't had any health issues yet.

Given my family's history if longevity I could live to at least 100 if I chose to.

I'll probably outlive most if ya here except maybe Fashionista

cc

From what I have seen of you and your crappy attitude, you have not yet begin to "live"

and likely will die without ever having "lived"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"
That's the shits. And you behaved yourself.

Er...yeah. About that...

ac_blush

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Herman"
That's the shits. And you behaved yourself.

Er...yeah. About that...

ac_blush

Perhaps Herman means by comparison.

Bricktop

Zetsu

Quote from: "JOE"

Thanks Doc...

"Er...but..."

Sorry ta hear that, BT.

I haven't had any health issues yet.

Given my family's history if longevity I could live to at least 100 if I chose to.

I'll probably outlive most if ya here except maybe Fashionista

Keep on day dreaming Joe, what's the point of living when Bricktop spending one year in his career as a former police officer already has accomplished more meaning than what you'll achieve in your entire life time as a virgin.   :oeudC:
Permanently off his rocker